Marty's Miracle Diet

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marty\'s Miracle Diet

Not really but I have lost 25 pounds since Xmas and haven't exercised or eaten any diet food.

I wasn't too fat (211 on a 5' 10" frame) and just decided to do this for summer since it gets to be 120 around here in June.

It's really simple and everyone can do it. Here it is:

- Eliminate all bread. Period. If you crave a hamburger, take the goodies off the bread and eat to your hearts content.
- Eliminate all soft drinks that contain sugar. I've made water my drink of choice. I will have a Diet Rite with Splenda when I get the carbonated urge.
- Eliminate all fried food. Period.
- Snack only on things that are 100 calories or less. The 12 pack of gelatin that I found at Ralphs only has 70 calories per serving. Chips Ahoy and Oreos now have a 100 calorie pack of each and they are miniature versions of the big ones except when you eat the whole bag, you've only ingested 100 calories. I keep a bag of navel oranges around when I feel like some fruit.
- My lunches and dinners are normal, non-measured food of any sort. For lunch today, I went to El Pollo Loco and ate some wings, tortillas, salsa, cole slaw and corn on the cob.

I don't have any cravings because I eat normal food and plenty of it but I do keep my portions reasonable.

I have about 20 more pounds to lose and I'm sure that it will happen in the next 3-4 months. I went to my doctor's office last week for my regular checkup and all my stats were within the norm.

I feel and look great. Went to Old Navy and bought some shorts for the heat and that's the way I'm going to dress until it cools off again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Marty\'s Miracle Diet

Good job man. I'll inform my ever worried mom about this one I guess. Thanks, and good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

Just add a serious exercise program and you'll be good to go.3500 calories burnt equals one pound of lost fat.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Thanks for the post Marty! I've been looking for some "motivation" and your plan just may be a "kick start/way of life"! I appreciate you sharing!

Another thing that works for me (when I do it)is:

LOW to NO carbs at all during the day (you know, meat rolled up with cheese inside, boiled eggs, fresh veggies - fills me up & satisfies me!), water or diet drink.

Eat a normal supper, whatever you want - however much you want!! Even desert - BUT you only have an hour to eat it. NOTHING else after that hour!!! I lost and maintained my weight a long time last time I did this.

Your aren't starving yourself during the day and you can look forward to your supper as well!!! It's really not hard at all!

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

It sounds like a super helathy lifestyle change. Way to go! Add a touch of exercise and you will live forever.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations Marty. I lost 45-50 pounds a few years ago without counting a single calorie. I simply ate less and stayed away from obvious calorie/fat laden food such as pizza's and Big Macs. Ate a lot of Subway 6 in. subs like Jared. I ate very few sweets as well. As people well know, keeping it off is the hardest. I've slipped some since and the weight has flunctuated so that at times, I gained as much as 20 of it back.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Don't think of it as a diet - that can set oneself up for failure. It's really a lifestyle change, and it can be accomplished a little bit at a time.

kaseri

Enlightened

Congrats on your "loss" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I find it funny that everyone is into the low carb thing these days. I have been eating that way for years and years. I started limiting my carb intake when I began to box competitively & have eaten that way ever since. I'm not nearly as competitive when it comes to boxing these days but I still train every day & I still eat "low carb". LOL I never thought it would be called "low carb". I just called it healthy.