If you own a Q3, you might want to take a look!

cognitivefun

Enlightened
Re: If you own a Q3, you might want to take a look

what's needed is a two-AA adapter with regulator circuit included. Now that would be cool.

emrbrtn

Enlightened

yeah, I saw that the other day but I just dont like the looks of it.

gorlank

Enlightened

Not a fan either, turns the neat compact Q III into a weird Mag light looking thing.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Q

I'd buy one if it stayed close to that price and worked well with Alkaline's. AA's are widely available at fire camps (even Glo-toob is coming out with an AA version for this reason.)

Skibane

Enlightened

So, instead of using a 4-volt Li-Ion cell that significantly increases the brightness, you use 2.4 volts worth of NiMH cells that REDUCE the brightness?

Granted, the longer run-time and standard batteries are advantages, but still, this sounds like a great scheme for turning your 3-watt flashlight into a 1/2-watt flashlight...

Wrangler

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Skibane said:
So, instead of using a 4-volt Li-Ion cell that significantly increases the brightness, you use 2.4 volts worth of NiMH cells that REDUCE the brightness?
Granted, the longer run-time and standard batteries are advantages, but still, this sounds like a great scheme for turning your 3-watt flashlight into a 1/2-watt flashlight...

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!
Better take 1 or 2 spare r123`s with you and keep the nice, handy form factor and the increased brightness! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wolfgang

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

but if you think about it, its a good idea, the nuwai has some bad battery time on Cr123s and it'll burn a hole in ones wallet, also AA are more common to find. I think it would be a good, cheap accesory.

-David

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would be cool if it were color-matched. Or made of Titanium or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Monolith

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
cognitivefun said:
what's needed is a two-AA adapter with regulator circuit included. Now that would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

The AA NiMH batteries will give you the regulated output you want.

emrbrtn

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
ACMarina said:
It would be cool if it were color-matched. Or made of Titanium or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a great idea. I love the look/color of titanium. Is there a titanium light out there?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the Q3 the way it is, but if someone needed it in a place where they couldn't get CR123s I guess it'd be a good idea.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Looks to be push-on install? Or is the photo just blurred/low resolution enough to hide the threading?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Push-on install looks correct.

-David

Skibane

Enlightened

If you're dead-set on going the NiMH route, seems like a 3-cell version would be a better choice – At least you'll get decent brightness from 3.6 volts.

stockae92

Enlightened

but that defeat the purpose of getting a small EDC ...

and my other sandwich on mmag does the job well for AA rechargeables