The Nuwai ALX-352L with R123's thread

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The Nuwai ALX-352L with R123\'s thread

Last week I purchased a Nuwai ALX-352L 5 watt flashlight from Elite Led and have been impressed with the 3 levels of output. Another member posted that he was using RCR123s, 3.7-4.2 cells in his 352L, so I tried them out. Awesome bright on high setting, and brighter than the supplied Cr123's that came with my light. I am currently using Battery Station R123's, and have tried Battery Space's unprotected R123's, for even more light output. Comparing the light output of the Battery Space cells in the 352L with other lights I have tested using my LM631 light meter, shows approximately 100 lumens for the 352L.

The Nuweai ALX-352L is easy to use, having a soft touch electrical switch. I mostly use the low beam position to manauver around at night, and it takes me less than 1/2 second to switch to low with the light off. Maybe 1/4 second, anyway, very, very fast.

I think this light is a reasonably priced alternative to the more expensive Surefire led lights, particularly with the option of rechargeable 123 cells to power the light.

Bill

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Nuwai ALX-352L with R123\'s thread

I knew you would like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

Skibane

Enlightened

8.4 volts in a flashlight that was originally designed for 6.0 volts?

The fact that the light gets much brighter when you use the Li-Ion cells indicates that there's not a lot of regulation going on...which makes me wonder how long the LED will last.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

I sent an email to nuwai.com with question regarding RCR123's in the 352L. Will post their response when I get it, if I do.

Bil

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wherever it's sold, it's advertised to accept rechargeable 123's. If that were not the case, The star can always be easily swapped out. Hmmm, I have some 'W' bins on the way.

Let's see what the response from Nuwai says.

Jeff

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

When I received the 352L, it came with two Cr123's. I tested light with those cells using my LM631. Then I tested with RCR's and got a higher light reading. I put the Cr123 primary cells in drawer. I just tested those cells, and they read 2.8 volts, and I only used them for about two minutes. Sooo, I can surmise that the batteries were not fresh (Duracell's) when I put them in the 352L. I seldom see Duracell's with such low voltage after a couple of minutes. This may explain why RCR's show higher output. Not sure though. Current on high was 1.12 amps, measured at tailcap with Cr123's.

Bill