Lumaray new light?

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, all.

Just saw the banner for this new light, and wondering what you guys think of the spec for this light.

Lumaray FL6

The look and the pictures surely are intriguing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
It looks like either a medievel mace or a futuristic potato masher grenade...I like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beamshots provided look impressive and the glow feature looks neat, especiallly since the bezel has so many openings, even at the rear, to help you find the light in the dark if it's face down.

Personally I prefer D cells though, hopefully they make a D cell version. The existing C model seems reasonably priced too, I was half expecting to see a $200 price tag at the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: I just e-mailed Lumaray asking about the possibility of a D cell version in the future. I'll update if/when I get a reply to let those interested know!

UPDATE: Lumaray replied with this-

"We believe that C cell batteries provides sufficient brightness for an extended amount of time for our
current design.

The FL6 was designed as a medium sized flashlight. We are currently looking into various other sizes, which
will use smaller, or larger sized batteries."

So I guess anything's possible at this point, maybe there will be a D cell version eventually. They also mentioned smaller cells, so maybe a AA model is a possible future product.

I look forward to seeing more products from Lumaray!

AuroraLite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The_virus said:
It looks like either a medievel mace or a futuristic potato masher grenade...

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually like the C cell on them, it gives a slender look to the light, and already it gave a claimed runtime on the FAQ up to 200 hours. Given we had seen more and more powerful LED showing up(for ex, MJled), I am rather curious what this light can do.

The hook/release and glow optics are just really cool looking, and hopefully they will function as well as it looks. But definitely innovative and original.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow.

Looks "nucular" or something.

I don't know how you'd get through an airport with that. I think you'd get strip-searched by the frowning woman who used to be a man.

Scott

PS:

fl6candlelight4ms.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

[Naked space-nymph pics and leftist manifesto deleted -- sorry, my bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ]

idleprocess

Flashaholic
It's got a Star Wars look to it.

I like the look, but despair at the thought of paying $70 for a 6x5mm LED light. Perhaps if I had the cash to throw around.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
It's got a Star Wars look to it.

I like the look, but despair at the thought of paying $70 for a 6x5mm LED light. Perhaps if I had the cash to throw around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limited tome offer - TEN dollars off for CPF members -
click here.

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Greenlight, you are absolutely right, it does fit that niche rather well. Now, if someone would just identify what 'that' niche is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif