Just ordered Freedom to the Max!

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please note that I am in no way affiliated with LRI or Photon Lights, I just like their product and just forked over the $20 smackers for the new Freedom to the Max as reviewed on Craig's site. The lights are a little late in coming due to some production issues but they are resolved and the expected ship date for orders placed as of yesterday (Monday) starts this coming Friday the 8th. For those of you that don't know, this light uses the new white Nichia LED's that now use a transparent rather than metal substrate that allows for 100 percent more light output at the same current draw. Coupled with the (IMHO) excellent Freedom Micro UI, I think this will be my favorite keychain light for a while- I'll probably be canabalizing all of my other coin cell lights for the batteries. The Max version is only available with the white LED and can be preordered simply by going to www.photonlight.com and ordering a white freedom micro (it states that they are sold out of the old whites and all current orders will be Max's, shipped starting 4/8). Can't wait for next week! I hope LRI appreciates this free bit of advertising.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Eagerly awaiting for your beamshots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Personally, for EDC purpose, I do prefer Micro 3 over the Freedom(I owned both); what I don't understand is why Photon take away the Auto 1 minute shut-off and setting memory from the list for Freedom?

Though I must admit the press and hold is more intuitive to use, it is also less convinient for EDC purpose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that while a auto shut-off would be nice (esp for the high setting), I've never had one of these turn on by accident. I don't have a problem with the press hold- you only have to hold for a moment. I'm not sure, but I heard that Photon was discontinuing the Photon 3 so I guess the only way you could get one of the new LEDs in there would be to mod it. BTW, I'll never get over how cool it is that a person from Australia, Hong Kong and New Jersey can communicate here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the freedom, now I want one of these bad!
BTW, i can't get the page for the retailer to come up. VDG

chanik

Newly Enlightened
P3 is more difficult to make since it has 2 buttons instead of one and a Point-of-purchase tab strap. You need to remember that most of our customers are not flashaholics. The auto off function confused people; they thought something was wrong with their lights that they kept turning off. The average consumer WILL NOT read instructions. It's just a flashlight after all. In the micro, the momentary mode sort of substitutes for accidental pocket activation. For those of you who want a 5 second timeout, you can put your light back into POP mode by reinserting batteries while holding down the button.