Eternalight 26000mcd mod: Do you like it?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that have modded their Eternalight, or othe array 5mm light: do you like the results? I'm talking about the beam angle, smoothness and brightness compared to the stock light. I am contemplating my Elitemax, but don't want alot of artifacts in the beam. The stock beam is extremely smooth.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said: For those that have modded their Eternalight, or othe array 5mm light: do you like the results? I'm talking about the beam angle, smoothness and brightness compared to the stock light. I am contemplating my Elitemax, but don't want alot of artifacts in the beam. The stock beam is extremely smooth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an eternaLight Ergo 3 with the Red/White option -
so only the middle 2 LEDs are white.

After a lot of procrastination - I decided against upgrading to the 26Kmcd LEDs - because of RonM's reported loss of side-spill - which is one of the most important features for me. The other aspect was the loss of the lowest light level(s) another feature of why I bought the eternaLight
(so brighter is NOT always "better" - at least for me)

However if I had a 4 white LED eternaLight - I may consider replacing only the central two LEDs - which may gain something for the central hotspot without losing too much on the side-spill, and one probably will be able to retain the lowest light level(s) too.

You probably have already seen this thread with lots of discussion -

Supercharged eternaLight (now w. Pics)

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the middle ground. Only replace two of the eternaLight leds with the 26kmcd's. Nice combination of spill and throw.