What is the EDC of your girlfriend / wife ?

Flashlight Manufacturer (Commercial)

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OD

• Sliver

• Colorful - Metalic

• Colorful - Plastic

• AA

• 2 X AA

• AAA

• 1 X CR123

• 2 X CR123

• Keychain

• CR2

• Others

• Total voters
E

Emilion

I want to introduce flashlights to my friends and their girlfriends/ wifes......for the boys, I know what they need..bright..throw........but I've no idea on choosing a good EDC for the ladies. Any suggestion? Beside small in size....what do the ladies want a EDC flashlight look like? Any ladies' only requirement ?

Thanks

wwglen

Enlightened
Wife -- A Ultra-G with lithium AA.

She has never used it but I know it will still be good 5-10 years from now if she needs it.

wwglen

greenLED

Flashaholic
My wife doesn't like the natural HAIII color (although she hasn't let me take the Arc AA I put there). Silver or black are her colors for EDC, and 1xAA or 1x123 would work well.

Bottomline, bright and small enough for a keychain, no HAIII natural.

X33

Enlightened
ARC AAA. Anything bigger would probably not be an EDC for her.

mateen

Enlightened
My girlfriend likes the smallest possible light that gives the brightest possible output...basically all of mine. But her very favorite light is the Inova Microlight on her keychain because it fits in her purse with a million other things...

The_virus

Enlightened
My girlfriend bought herself a Garrity keychain LED light which is red plastic but is supposed to look like metal. It uses some kind of coin cell. She has it on her keyring, but it's become a little flaky as the button to hold and turn it on now requires much more force to use.

I got her a Dorcy 1AAA LED (red, metal) as a replacement. It's not on her keyring, but it is in her purse instead.

I bought my sister a Dorcy excell 1AAA pink metallic keychain light which uses a krypton bulb. Nothing fancy at all, but she likes the pink colour...and pink lights are already hard to come by (besides kiddie Barbie flashlights) so I had to go with a krypton as opposed to LED for her.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
Nuwai QIII

She doesn't remember she has it most of the time but last week in a restaurant I reminded her of it and she found it in her purse and could read the menu!

When the battery dies, I shall change it. Small form factor, powerful beam, simple clickie, shelf life of forever, what could be better? And not terribly expensive.

UVvis

Enlightened
My wife keeps taking my E1e's as they are "cute". She likes the small size, and they are pretty bright for their size.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
My wife carries a hot-pink anodized minimag with a Lux III conversion in it from the Sandwich Shoppe. I had difficulty finding a pink flashlight that would take an LED...

Topper

Flashaholic*
My wife stole my 1 cell SL Twin task (silver). I do not have a girlfriend nor do I want one.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has an Aleph2/2x123/FT with black and purple anodizing (purple is her favorite color), but to keep her from taking my Katokichi Ichishiki I got her a JIL CR2 1.3 which she was pretty excited about.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my wife a Gerber Infinity and I bought my daughter a Gerber Trio.

sniper

Enlightened
Mini Mag 2AA with MJLED& Kroll switch. She loves it!

If Maglights doesn't come out with something like this from their new facilities, they are asleep!
It would be much superior to the standard MM, and could be sold for close to what the MM sells for. They could sell the clickies and "upgrade" kits for existing lights as accessories.
But, whadda I know?

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
My better half carries an Arc AAA on her keys and a Surefire G2 + 3W Luxeon from bugoutgear.

She uses it loads to-ing and fro-ing to the stables.

Hellz

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
My wife carries a Mini Mag w/ Blue Opalec (Thanks SM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), A Blue Infinity and a Rebel.
Children? 2 or 3 aaa Dorcys, A mini Mag w/ MJ LED, an Ultra, a Trio, An EternaLight, a Dorcy Cool Blue, A Brinkmann LED light (2 AA), A Q3 and a couple keychain coin cell lights. Oh and there's a FT3C by the door that everyone uses. And Occasionally a Dietz Lantern /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaveT

Enlightened
Nuwai QIII (in the cheap sheath it comes with, in her purse)...plus a Photon II on her keychain.