Streamlight SL-20XP quit wrking (diagnostic query)

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
I have a Streamlight SL-20XP in a wall charger by my door. I almost never take it out of the charger. Occasionally I would raise it up and turn it to where the contacts would disconnect from the light/charger connection and leave it like that over night. Just to keep it from being on charge all the time. But mostly it sat there charging. Then yesterday I noticed that the red charging indicator lights on the flashlight switch were not lit up. I took the light out of the charger and it won't even come on. I brought the light to work and tried it in one of the station chargers to see if maybe my charger went bad at home but it's the same here. The light appears to be the problem. Anyone know what might be the malfunction? I unscrewed the tailcap and slid the battery out and just realized that this thing has a battery very different from the regular SL-20 light. This battery is real small in diameter compared to a regular SL-20 battery. I guess that explains how it weighs so little compared to the aluminum light with bigger battery. Did I burn something up leaving it in the charger so much? If so what you reckon is burnt up? The switch? The battery? Something else? I want to fix it so I can just sell the darn thing. I never use it anyway.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: Streamlight SL-20XP quit wrking (diagnostic qu

Contact Streamlight. They have great service, and will probably have you take it in to a SL warranty shop, or ship it to the nearest warranty shop. They will fix and probably not charge anything. Might be battery, lamp assembly, or charging circuit in light.

Bill