New power LED

Cody_Focker

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the Korean company "Seoul Semiconductor"?
I have been heard that they released the new 1 watt with 60 lm. Anybody seen???

B@rt

Flashaholic
It works fine for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Here is the pic of the second link. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
p31vh.jpg

lotsaluck

Newly Enlightened
Thats them. I was just playing with some this morning and it looks like they could give Luxeon's a good challenge. Seoul also has an awesome 5 watt and are currently working on a 5 watt UV. They have been a very responsive company to work with.

LED-FX

Enlightened
Thanks Bart :)

It was my browser, well Firefox 1.0.2 never opens that frame Internet Exploited did...

Hmm side emmitter and 10 degree formats, competititon is good.

Thanks
Adam

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lotsaluck said:
Thats them. I was just playing with some this morning and it looks like they could give Luxeon's a good challenge. Seoul also has an awesome 5 watt and are currently working on a 5 watt UV. They have been a very responsive company to work with.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with most of the knock offs is that they aren't really any cheaper...especially after shipping from Asia. Is it really worth saving $1 to go with a knock off when the tried and true Luxeon is only about $8 from future?

Cody_Focker

Newly Enlightened
I did a MOD by using Seoul's 1 Watt. The performance is awesome with a very nice, white hotspot. But i dunno how to post them here.

lotsaluck

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
[ QUOTE ]
lotsaluck said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with most of the knock offs is that they aren't really any cheaper...especially after shipping from Asia. Is it really worth saving $1 to go with a knock off when the tried and true Luxeon is only about $8 from future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reasoning is flawed I think. Why drive a chevy if ford was first to market?
Anyway, I dont think the Seoul is a knock off as it uses different, some say better, technology. My company has been working with Luminled and Seoul for a while now in developing new products and they are night and day different in their assistance to the consumer. To date we have not lost a single of the Seoul products, even while overdriving (with major heat sink) the 5 watt part to 3 times rated power levels. Tried the same with the luxeon and it firecrackered at 1.75 its rated power.
New is not always better, but it is a lot of the time in regard to the led world. Besides, if they were knock off's Luxeon would have filed suit instantly. The technology is improving, and competition is good for the consumer, ALWAYS!

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Cody_Focker said:
I did a MOD by using Seoul's 1 Watt. The performance is awesome with a very nice, white hotspot. But i dunno how to post them here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody, just upload the pics to ImageShack , copy the url of the pic and post it using the Instant UBB code field in the regular reply window. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

When done the code will look like this:
[ QUOTE ]
[image]URL PIC[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody_Focker

Newly Enlightened
I just uploaded the photos to my geocities.
cimg2156.jpg

cimg2159.jpg

for the hot spot , I will upload later and show to u guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif