Inova X1, XO, & XO3: SPOTLIGHT or SPORTLIGHT?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, whenever I see the inova products mentioned above on an online retailer, I see either "Spotlight" which makes more sense, and "Sportlight". I dont understand how someone named these Inovas "Sportlights". Can someone tell me what I am missing?

cslinger

Enlightened
Fat fingering typo maybe??? R & T are right next to each other on the keyboard and it would be easy rto insert an R by accident.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is possible, but I dont think likely. Most online retailers have "Sportlight" after their X1, XO, and XO3. Ive noticed most of the time, XO.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Inova does indeed call the X1 a "spotlight", which is an accurate description. The XO is just called a "flashlight", and the XO3 doesn't seem to exist on their website.

There are other flashlight makers who refer to their lights as "Sportlights." I'm not sure why they call them this as most of them are darned inconvenient to use while playing most sports. I'm sure it's just a typo or confusion. The terms are similar.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
...I'd blame it on a marketing department just trying to float something "different" out there.

dixemon

Enlightened
Inova's entire line with the tiros optics are pretty much geared twords spotlights. IMO

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Although I'm having trouble figuring out what a sportlight would be used for, I would sure as he11 not strap my XO3 to the end of my baseball bat or golf club. And at the same time, I define "spotlight" as something that is bigger, has a reflector the size of my head and is, in most cases, held differently than a common flashlight. IMHO; to call the Inova XO3 anything but a flashlight would be sheer madness. BUT..seeing as how they haven't updated their website for the better part of a-long-time I've come to the conclusion that upper management is taking something strong. Should we start an Inova Rehab post? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think sportscars.

Inova is trying to give the impression that there lights are higher performance than other flashlights (which I don't necessarily agree with, but that is for another thread). Such as how sportscars offer higher performance than family cars.