Paging McGizmo, 2 Stage Tailcap and KL1 Question?

cslinger

Enlightened
Will one of your tailcaps work on a Surefire Lux3 KL1 module? I am thinking about picking up an E2L and would like you have a low light setting.

If so any idea as to what resister would give me a bit more light then say an L1 on low. How about possible run time guesses on low?

Sorry for what probably amounts to stupid questions here but I did look but the search feature here is rather quirky in it's results.

Thanks so much.

Chris

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Paging McGizmo, 2 Stage Tailcap and KL1 Questi

Hi Chris.
No stupid questions, but wrong place. You wanna talk with Don ... visit his forum ... the McGizmo forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

To your question ... yes, the McE2S will work with the KL1, the appropriate resistor value (determining brightness of the low mode) depends on your needs and most used combo (1x123 or 2x123) and should be about 15-30 ohms.

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Paging McGizmo, 2 Stage Tailcap and KL1 Questi

These are the possible Aleph-Tailcap iterations using the McE2S 2-stage switch module:

Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

Note that the flat top variants sport a "hair-trigger" switch, meaning they are activated with much less force and switch travel than the regular variants and are a bit shorter.

bernhard