Do you realize that...............................

cslinger

Enlightened
I just did a little thinking and based on my current collection of lights (Which pales in comparison to many here), extra batteries (16 or so 123s, and a bunch of alks.)I could conceivably live without light for six months. I am assuming 8 hours of darkness on average that I would be using some form of light and I am assuming I am only lighting one room at a time. Figure this time range could fluctuate by 10 days or so based on heavy or really light use. I am figuring run times to 50% levels.

This doesn't even include the SL TL2 tactical light or Inova T3 which I left out for tactical outdoor use.

Add in some of the crappy lights and oil lamps/candles I could go for a very long time without AC powered light.

Boy am I having a boring work day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you are prepared to move to northern Alaska (6 months of darkness) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
CS, you're not there yet.

With 50+ lights, several hundred 123's, more hundreds of alkalines, I'm starting to feel, well, like an IDIOT.

I have reached the point of giving away a lot of lights, just so my "stack" over the computer doesn't look like a nut case.

My latest favorites, two Nuwai's, 3 watt, deep smooth reflector, two stage Mag style switch; could only dream of a light like this a couple of years ago.........A real "thrower" with good peripheral spill. Nice...

It's starting to look like my gun room, another story........

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Do you realize that...........................

When you give the lights away, let me know. Do you have any longbows?

-David

UVvis

Enlightened

Without light it gets freezing cold, and you would need to use many an overdriven light to keep warm enough.

And it is only 6 months of darkness if you are at 90S or 90N, actually a little less. Plus you run into vitamin D problems.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is an interesting cocept, If i could my alk AAs, 4 packs of 24, thats 96, and i get about 40 hours runtime on my 5mm LED in a minimag, so 80 days of runtime off that one light, I think I'm good to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*

Around 100 3volt cells lots of Pila's Whats a AA???:D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's what I'm thinking too. I have a policy to keep all lights loaded with batteries, and I'm realizing that even if I did not keep enough spares for one kind of light, I have so many lights that I can just grab another and carry on working..

The_virus

Enlightened

When I come home at night I usually don't turn on any lights, in fact I turn any lights I see off. I use my flashlights as the only light source at night for walking around the house when it's late.

cslinger

Enlightened

JohnK said....
[ QUOTE ]
It's starting to look like my gun room, another story........

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy don't I know it. I could add a chapter or two to that story myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif