The Forever Flashlight

Byron Walter

Enlightened
There was a discussion about this light sometime back. Here's the deal... my lovely sister knows that I like FL's so she bought me one. The light appears to be pretty nicely constructed. Unfortunately that's about the end of it. You gotta do a whole bunch of shaking for a little bit of light. And because of the size of the thing you won't be putting it into your pocket. If you are thinking of buying one I suggest you save your bucks.

Luckily for me my sister won't see these remarks, since she's a bit of a Luddite.

Byron

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this just a cheaper version of the Nightstar II that Glow-bug sells? I've been tempted since that Revision II Nightstar came out.

jkthomson2

Newly Enlightened
the thing I don't like about lights of this nature, is that it is highly magnetic.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Originally posted by Marty Weiner:
Thanks for your input Byron. I don't buy "cheap" flashlights as my PayPal account will reveal but I thought that some of the more frugal flashaholics might be interested.

Marty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I know what you mean. Once upon a time I didn't know any better either.

Byron

BillPilot

Newly Enlightened
I have a forever flashlight. I wish I didn't. The light output is puny -- less than a Photon Microlight, IMHO.

My forever flashlight sits in the trunk of my car, and is never used. Sigh.

--Bill

JJHitt

Enlightened
I own and LIKE the original Nightstar.
(yeah, I'm weird, so what?)

Prior to buying it, I checked out the 'Forever Flashlight' at a Sharper Image.

If you want a shake powered light: the Nightstar is worth the extra 10 dollars in price. The Forever Flashlight "feels cheap" in the hand. The Nightstar feels like you could use it to drive nails.

The Forever also uses rubber bumpers in the tube instead of repelling magnets: the end result being it is more work to charge up the Forever than the Nightstar.