What lights do you carry when walking the dog?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
Hey, Flashaholics, let's hear what lights you carry when you walk the dog.

Tonight I carried an EOS on my head, my L4/McES/Pila combo in my pocket, and my brand newly assembled Mag85. My wife had the Gerber LX3.0.

Dog walking is the time when I try out the most lights.

What about you?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tri-Star Phazer
MiniHID
Modamag Minetrois

And of course my EDC of the day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our Chocolate Lab "Bailee" seems to like my 2 cell Aleph 3/DB917!

jeffb

DimBeam

Enlightened
I usually walk with a low power light like the Inova X5 but keep in my other pocket a high power light like the C3 with a P91 for those times you run into a upset raccoon or possum. I always EDC either the Q3 or L4.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a 6P with the standard p60 LA most of the time, or either a G2Z with p61 HOLA or 9P with P91 HOLA.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L1 and L2, or sometimes A2 instead.

I walk 2 miles around a rural field with my dog. Low light is great for not tripping on stuff, but I need something brighter for checking distant things.

Scott

vhyper007

Enlightened
After dark I carry the SL M3 snugly secured in the light rail of my Glock G21 in my cross draw Mexican carry holster under a 5.11 light vest...
along with SF 9P on 550 paracord (26") atached to a 3/4" diameter steel ball bearing woven in a monkey's fist knot attached to a cold steel 4" tech lite folding knife along with a milkyspit modded Q3 attached to belt via black stretch retention device. Thence, a canemaster martial walking cane.

And that's all I'm willing to divulge. The mastiff can take care of himself.

Daytime, I switch the Glock 21 for the G33.

And always a spare magazine.

If you're going to do it at all, do it safely!!
Regards,
vhyper007

DimBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
vhyper007 said:
After dark I carry the SL M3 snugly secured in the light rail of my Glock G21 in my cross draw Mexican carry holster under a 5.11 light vest...
along with SF 9P on 550 paracord (26") atached to a 3/4" diameter steel ball bearing woven in a monkey's fist knot attached to a cold steel 4" tech lite folding knife along with a milkyspit modded Q3 attached to belt via black stretch retention device. Thence, a canemaster martial walking cane.

And that's all I'm willing to divulge. The mastiff can take care of himself.

Daytime, I switch the Glock 21 for the G33.

And always a spare magazine.

If you're going to do it at all, do it safely!!
Regards,
vhyper007

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a Mastiff all you need is a flashlight. That is one very scary looking dog and more so at night. It is a great dog though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand. I used to have an Akita -- think cross between a German Shepard and a Husky, but with a head like a bear and really big jaws. She never barked, unless it was worth barking at. No need for lights then. And a fabulous dog.

The Lab mutt is way more, um,... well, heck, she's just plain dumb, and everyone's friend. But when I walk her it gives me an excuse to use the 3 watter I got at Gander Mtn. last year or one of my G2's. Being the canine genius she is, though, the dog loves to chase the flashlight beam, and will go absolutely bonkers over a laser beam.

But then of course, I could get a pack for the dog and let her carry the Thor 10mcp, and since she loves to chase light beams, that could be way too interesting. Hmmmmm... why does my wife think I have an evil streak?

rgc

Newly Enlightened
I take my L1 while my three year old in the jogging stroller lets all the cars know where we are with "her" Inova X5T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

rgc

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
vhyper007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you live? Johanesburg?

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,
When my Chocolate Lab takes me for a walk at night, I carry my U2 or L2. My little Min-Pin likes to come with us to.

ChocolateLab33

cy

Flashaholic
When my 90lb German Sherpard & I go for walks at night. I'll be packing my MR-X X3T or Barbolight U-09 for guilt-free 40+ minute continous runtimes.

I've trained my shepard to obey voice commands off lead. He's lit up with ARC AAA RGB & reflective collar to let cars see him.

Just got a Niterider Storm HID helmet light with four hours runtime. will be packing that on our next night walk.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I find a headlamp most helpful when dog walking. If it's raining I can hold the leash and an umbrella for instance.

But actually, truth to tell, for letting cars see me, I plan to get a reflective vest of some kind. Headlights light those things up for blocks. Have you noticed how you can shine even a relatively poor light down the block and a reflective sign will come alive? Far easier for cars to spot at night than a person with a flashlight.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dog has never been on a leash, so some throw is needed to some degree, my G2. Other than that I always have my L4 with me to see what he is dropping at my feet to throw.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I used to use high end lights but battery costs were getting prohibitive. I now use a 3C cell Mag with a Everled bulb. plenty of light for the purpose. This setup lasts for many walks and is plenty good enough for dog walks, oh it has some limited use as hand held protection if used as a last resort weapon.

Doug