I passed out at Wal-Mart today

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I went to Wal-Mart today with my 2 year old son to pick up some pictures. As I was leaving the electronics section I had a kidney stone attack. I got really sweaty and it hurt like you know what. Well I just wanted to lay down or run full tilt through the store screaming. Wasnt sure which one to do but as I was contemplating it a rush of pain hit me so hard it was the last thing I remembered until I woke up with a bunch of people standing over me.
My first thought when I came to was of my 2 year old. I sat up and yelled "Where is my son?" A nice lady had him by the hand standing beside of me thank goodness. That was the scary part. Not knowing what could have happened to him not me.
Well anyway after explaining to everyone that I was not going to die and that it was just kidney stones I thanked everyone for there help and concern. I then got the heck out of there. That was embarrising to say the least.
I have passed over 100 kidney stones and that is only the third time I have ever passed out because of them. Now I can tell you that I can take pain as good as anyone and it takes an awful pain for me to black out. I guess the combination of getting sick and the fact that I was trying my best not to let on that anything was wrong with me took its toll.
So who else can say that they have passed out at Wally World? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that is scary, how much warning do you have before you hit the floor? I would hate for you to be driving down the road and lose control of your car.

jtice

Flashaholic
ohhhhh that sounds rough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
My buddy had a stone about 2 years ago, he was only 23.
I know him well, and I can tell you, he was in PAIN to be acting the way he was the first day.

over 100 ???? geeeeeezs, thats unreal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So sorry all that had to happen in WallyWorld, its bad enough anywhere, but to have to be in such a public place ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

Good to hear you are ok though

~John

StevieRay

Enlightened
Life,

I feel your pain. I had my 1st about six months ago. My wife had to come home from work and drive me to the emergency room. It was the worst pain that I ever experienced. After suffering all afternoon, by the time i got to the ER it stopped. They did a CT on me and saw that I passed it into my bladder.
I saw the stone. It was about 2mm. It is astounding how something so small can cause so much misery.

I believe that mine were caused by exercising too much and not staying hydrated enough. I was also taking calcium supplements, which my DR. suggested that I stop taking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Photonboy,
Thank you. The only thing I can take is pain medicine.

Lebkuecher,
I got very sick and sweaty and was trying to act like nothing was wrong. I had just bent down and put a hand on my knee (my other hand had hold of son)and the next thing I remember was a bunch of people standing around me.
I had a little warning but I have felt like that before without passing out. I would not have known that I was going to pass out today.
The only other 2 times I have passed out because of stones were several years ago.
One time I was coming up the basement steps and a pain hit me and I blacked out and woke up on the basement floor. I had a good bump on my head from that one. I was holding the hand rail with my left hand when it happened and I broke the metal pieces in half that come out of the wall to the hand rail when the pain hit. I am not sure what they are called.
The next time I was riding a 4 wheeler in a field trying to get a stone to move and passed out on the 4 wheeler. Thankfully I woke up before I was out of the field and into the woods. That would have been bad.
In each case I did not have any idea that I was gong to pass out. But I did get extremly sick and of course the pain started to hit before I passed out. It indeed makes me think about what could happen if driving. I think I would have enough time to pull over if there is a place to do so. I would not take the chance now at all. If I just start to hurt I am pulling over.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Sinjz said:
Over 100??? OUCH! And to think I thought you spotted a great flashlight deal when I clicked on this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wish!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
So sorry all that had to happen in WallyWorld, its bad enough anywhere, but to have to be in such a public place ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

~John

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea that was kind of embarrising. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
hope ya get better soon.i bet that was very scary

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Rags. It was scary when I thought of what could have happened to my son.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Stevieray,
Hope you never have another one.
Doc thinks my kidney's are drawing calcium away from my bones thus resulting in stones in my kidney's and arthritis in my bones. If I take calcium suppliments for my bones it will just cause more kidney stones. Kind of a catch 22.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I did a few years ago my son Eric is 14 now and I think he was maybe five or six at the time. I woke up hearing him screaming "GET BACK" "YOU GET BACK" "THATS MY DAD NOT YOURS"
"YOUR GONNA MAKE HIM MAD HE WILL BEAT YOU UP" he was sitting on my chest holding a Starwars toy for a weapon.
I had a broke rib poking a hole into my right lung from a bout I thought I won a couple of hours ago, go figure.
Kids gotta love em.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Topper,
Ouch! The lady holding my son said that he put his hands on his cheeks and said "Uh-Oh" when I hit the floor. Poor little guy probably didnt know what was going on.
Hey now we have something swell in common. We both passed out in Wal-Mart. Aint we special? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif or not.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
100 Stones? OUCH

Feel better guy. I DIDN'T pass one stone - that one stay inside for 3 months while they waited for it to move - an attack every 2nd or 3rd day for 3 months till they went in and took it out. I've passed two small "sand" sized stones since then (the BIG stone was about .2" x .375"!!!!)

gorn

Enlightened
I've passed 30+ stones. Some are no big deal. Some are real painful. The pain can come on without notice. I have been shot and stabbed over the years. The worst pain bar none is a big stone....

Topper

Flashaholic*
No doubt in my mind we have many things in common /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If I coud choose then passing out a Wally World would not be on that list nor yours I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
I would agree, I have hurt my self in more ways then I can count and nothing and I mean nothing even came close to the pain from passing a stone. I have only had three. I cut my calcium intake way down along with sodium and drink at least 16oz of water a day, so far so good.

If you have had a 100 you should find out what they are and cut back on it what ever it is.

Oh and if you feel that pain come on, sit down, stop driving or walking, for everyone's sake. I have never passed out, but I can assure I couldn't do anything but curl up in a ball when it hit.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cow, a hundred stones! I saw one person pass one at work. He was writhering on the floor and curled up in a fetal position. We didn't know what was going on and thought he was having some sort of epileptic or other seizure.

Glad you're ok.