Surefire X-200-B? rumor or fact

LightAddict

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone heard about a new 5 watt x200? Is the x200 a 3 watt led now? Any info would be great.I would like to buy one ,but if in fact a new, brighter light is coming out I would wait. Thanks all

Size15's

Flashaholic
The X200B is not yet released for public consumption yet.

It remains basically a KL4 -type bezel with a 5W Luxeon in a reflector.

Al

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The current X200 is a LuxIII with tight focusing optic based beam. An X200B that I was privy to see was as Al described, basically a KL4, 5W LED reflector based light with a significantly different (flood) beam disbursment.

If by bright, you mean "throw" or ability to illuminate targets at a distance, go with the current X200. If by bright you mean total light output and want to light up larger targets, closer at hand, wait for the X200B.

If by bright, you are not sure what you mean then I am not sure what you should do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (Just making fun here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif )

In an attempt at clarification, the X200 and X200B are totally different animals and it is not the case that the X200B is a more powerful, further reaching, version of the X200.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks Al! Now that that's clear what's up with the X200C? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

LightAddict

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info.I love the light from the KL4 and like the idea of "lighting up larger targets close at hand".I guess i'll wait for the 200-B.I'm new here and still trying to learn the different terms,throw,bright,and much more it would seem,but i understand what you said McGizmo.Thank you too Al.

Corolla

Newly Enlightened
I have the x-200 and as far as light throw it produces about a i foot diamond at 50 feet with enough light to brighten up the whole area. If really depends on its use for mainly indoor defense the x-200 is great the diamond provides a great quick aiming point while it does work outside it can become obscured by the conditions but not often( by this i mean the diamond pattern). For outside the x-200b flood might give you better search ability but what i've seen from my light i would venture to say not much more.