Where'd the Streamlight Jr Lux go?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where\'d the Streamlight Jr Lux go?

I can't seem to find this light on Streamlight's homepage. Either they need to improve their webdesign, or I need a brighter Surefire to look for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I love my SFs, but I'm not above recommending a light to others that I feel is well built and good value for the money. I'm trying to persuade someone to fork it over for the L4 and never look back, but cost is a consideration, so I was thinking of recommending the Jr Luxeon to get him started. Plus it runs on readily available AAs and NiMH, and would be more affordable than a sandwich conversion + kroll + goodies (again, like I said cost is a consideration - he's paying, not me.. if I was paying, well, I already have my MadMax+ with TY0L and I ain't parting with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Back to the point, did Streamlight pull the Jr Lux? Should I grab whatever I can get my hands on while there is still time?

steve_vance

Enlightened
Re: Where\'d the Streamlight Jr Lux go?

I just got my copy of the most recent SL distributor pricing, and it's still listed as an available model

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, I saw it on Streamlight's page when it first came out. Was just surprised I couldn't find it again...

JanCPF

Enlightened

Kevin,

That's also the flashlight I would recommend to anyone wanting something much better than their el cheapo plastic 2xC cell light or replacing a 2AA minimag for one with better performance (AND craftsmanship if you ask me). I have bought one for closet/cupboard/attic duty, but I wouldn't hesitate to take it camping or walking the woods. It's got a really nice reasonably bright and white beam. It's not a KL1 (3rd gen) but it comes close IMHO (beam wise that is). www.pocketlights.com carries it ($32) and ships it overseas.

It can be hard with some people to convince them to spend money on a flashlight even though they have lots of money for other stuff. It puzzles me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif how they can spend several hundreds of dollars a year on shoes, and don't want to spend $130 once on a flashlight, that will last them a lifetime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. Sorry for that derailment - back on topic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Jan

nisshin

Enlightened

I believe the information page for the Streamlight Jr Luxeon is still on their website: Jr Lux
nisshin

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

nisshin, thanks for the link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif good to see it's still around.

Jan, that's the idea. Something with the power of the KL1, which still remains a very versatile light despite its lack of Ridiculous Lumens(tm) (like, things you can cook breakfast with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

As a bigger bonus, it's available locally at a reasonable price. Around $30-$35, no shipping, I can pick it up immediately. I'm tempted to get one myself, actually.

Ah, the ever-present question of "it's only a torchlight" - assuming that technology has not changed in the past 50 years. Thing is, it's not a glamorous industry, at least to most people. They don't see the bleeding edge innovation (bleeding is the word, when you slip up at the work bench /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif).

This guy is not so bad, he appreciates a good light but they didn't give him the fat bonus he was hoping for so he's cutting back on the fun stuff a little. Still, I expect that the Streamlight will be very functional and I will be right here when he wants to switch to an L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's quite insidious really, a $30 light (around the price of a large Mag here) can be the gateway.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

ps56k

Enlightened

What about the SL 4AA LUX for about the same money ?

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
JanCPF said:
That's also the flashlight I would recommend to anyone wanting something much better than their el cheapo plastic 2xC cell light or replacing a 2AA minimag for one with better performance (AND craftsmanship if you ask me).

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe SL's 4AA Lux would be a better choice to replace a 2xC light. Since small size isn't an issue for a 2xC replacement, it makes sense to go for a brighter, longer running, light than the Jr Lux.

The Jr Lux is primarily a minimag replacement for use where size is a major concern.