its time to be a mean raggie

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya know i always am polite or i try to bee but im sick a being polite to pepople i get sad when i say nice stuff and there rude to me.i always say thank you and ya are welcome and hello and have a nice day to folks.but there neever nice to me

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggs, I know you dont pretend to be kind. What would CPF be with a mean raggie?
Raggs, tell me who mistreated you, and I will hire my Ex-navy seals to hunt them down!

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggs,
re read most of your posts and the some of the replys to your posts. Your politeness is very contagious. the thread can be a knock down drag out match of words and then you pop in and say hello, please, thank you, and a nice word about someone or both parties and what follows is kindness from others. If you stop being nice so will others on CPF because you stopped being nice. and CPF without the friendly family atmosphere is not where I want to be.

doug

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, I agree with the others here. Don't change because of a few idiots. I was raised to say 'please' and 'thank you' and I still do. Set an example for the others, don't go down to their level.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean Raggs. I too was raised to be polite and always say please and thank you and to be courteous to others. When I am at school I see people my age acting like complete jerks and don't even say thank you when I or someone else opens a door for them. For me (and you it seems) it's second nature; if someone does or helps me in some way, I say thank you, or if I ask for something, I always say please. It's weird being in a school (I'm a freshman in high school at a different location now) where people are down right rude. In my old school, all of the kids were raised like myself to be polite. What a change. I don't like it very much either. I mean, how hard is it to say a few words that can completely alter the way people look at you for the better? I don't understand the way people act sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Bible says that if you are nice to idiots, its like heaping burning coals on their heads. So, you can be nice to someone and get your revenge at the same time. Perfect!

best regards

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,

Are you talking about CPF/CPFU or about real world, grocery store, post office kind of things?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I think he means more the real world.

You keep on bein' nice, Ragg-Man. Heaven reserves special places for people like that. And animal lovers. And musicians (gotta get Someone to play them harps!). And the family-minded. And those who accept Jesus Christ into their hearts. And those who...gee, there's all kinds of ways to "qualify", ain't there? Just keep doing unto others as you would have them do unto you.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i do mean real world not cpf at all thanks for all the kind words everyone

Greta

Flashaholic
This seems like a good place to post the following... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As I posted HERE, I've had something special in mind for our Raggie for awhile now as far as "Supporter" recognition. I knew the "feeling" I wanted to express but couldn't quite come up with the right image to express it. Well I finally found it!

Raggie has the distinction of being the CPF member who has received the most "angel donations".. that is, more people have made donations to CPF in his name than any other member! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif So what is it in our Raggie that inspires people to act as "angels"? Perhaps it is that Raggie himself is CPF's own special Angel. But not one of those frilly, ethereal angels. Oh no! Not our Raggie! Our Raggie makes one think of Archangels... warriors... high ranking angels who rule all lower angels.

So I went googling... and found the perfect image... and as it turns out, it's by one of my favorite artists... Boris Vallejo. The title of the image is "Angel of the City". When I saw that, I knew I'd found the image and "feeling" for our Raggie. So I put it into PhotoShop... and did a little work on it... and here it is...

From this day forth... I hereby dub our Raggie...

raggie.gif

*Um... rags... let me know if you don't like it and I'll remove it... and won't be offended in the least bit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Mother Teresa hung a copy of this poem on a wall of the orphanage she founded in Calcutta.

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see in the final analysis. it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow i dont know what to say. this is so cool .i am very gratefulll it means a lot to me i wanna be remebered i dont have words but i like this a lot

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
good one !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

There you have it Mr. ragster, Sir! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So from now on, it's ONLY Mr. Nice Guy forya... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Here's to raggs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome Sasha.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif
Raggie I think it is quite fitting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Edit: Raggie(edwardarico) the person in the photo appears to be quite studdly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

javafool

Enlightened
There is no way a person can buy something like that! You have to earn it and you have certainly done that Raggie.

Congratulations and thanks for all you have given us!

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:

Edit: Raggie(edwardarico) the person in the photo appears to be quite studdly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

angelofthecity.jpg

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You deserve it Raggs. No one else more so. Congradulations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sasha, a full size photo was not needed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Topper

Flashaholic*
Sir Raggie, Angel of the City. I like it. Congratulations Sir Raggie, You deserve it. I am honored to be your friend.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif