• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Aleph2 Head - TWOJ Wiz2-1A, Holo+Glow

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font color="red">SOLD. Thanks for looking</font>

I am offering for sale a special Aleph2 head package. The centerpiece is a light engine precision-crafted by resident modmaster <font color="blue">Chop</font>. It consists of:

* TWOJ Luxeon III on a Wizard2 board driving at 1,000mA
* This LE is suitable for both Pila lithium-ion cells as well as 2x123.
* The color is a stunning pure white tending toward cool but with no trace of blue. I've seen several TXOJ, TWOJ and UWOK as well as V, W and X-bin LuxVs and this has what I'd call the most "perfect" white in both white-wall and real use tests. Don't play the "Luxeon Lottery." This LED is absolutely top notch.
* The reflector is positioned and fixed with epoxy such that it works perfectly with both Aleph and Surefire bodies unlike some off-the-shelf units.
ChopA2Sell.jpg

The head itself is a standard Aleph2 in black anodize. As you can see, it works very well with the Surefire anodizing. The body is not included.

Building on this rock solid base, you also get the following two extras.

1. Bezel <font color="green">glow ring in brilliant green</font>. Made with strontium-based glow powder, a few minutes of use charges it up hours. In fact, a brief 10 second burst will charge it up such that you can actually use it as superlow illumination for navigating a dark room. No two-stage switch? No problem. The original black bezel ring is included.

2. <font color="white">Replacement lens</font> crafted from the same holographic diffusion material used by Surefire for their holographic beam diffusers. While the stock A2 throws a beautifully focused spot, I find it too hot for close up work. This diffuser creates a smooth beam profile superior to that provided by texturized reflectors or diffusing films and it does so with minimal efficiency loss. Throw is slightly reduced but the quality of illumination from 0-30' is unsurpassed. The original UCL lens is included. To switch between the two lenses, simply unscrew the ring, lift out one lens and drop in the other easy as pie.
A2DiffuserLens.jpg

The price is <font color="blue">$130</font> shipped. Money Order and PayPal ([email protected]) are accepted. If using PayPal, please add <font color="red">$2.50</font> to cover fees. International shipping is an extra <font color="red">$5</font> for AirLetterPost. First "I'll take it" in this post gets a most exceptional A2.

Thanks for your interest,
Wilkey

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Aleph2 Head - TWOJ Wiz2-1A, Holographic+Glow

I'll take it, Ginseng. Thanks.

PM sent.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Aleph2 Head - TWOJ Wiz2-1A, Holographic+Gl

Roger that Josey.

I'm also going to throw in 4 Batterystation CR123 cells and a brand new Lux I LED. The LED is still in it's reel packaging but is of undetermined bin.

PM replied. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wilkey

moeman

Enlightened
Re: FS: Aleph2 Head - TWOJ Wiz2-1A, Holographic+Gl

WOW, what a deal...
If i hadn't just bought a KL4 head i would have been all-over it...
chris