What is everyone's favorite long run led light?

Enlightened
What is everyone\'s favorite long run led light?

I have been checking out this site for a few weeks now and appreciate all the great info. I was wondering what everyone's favorite led light is and if most "flashaholics" consider them a must. Thanks

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: What is everyone\'s favorite long run led light?

3d *ag mod. 1w luxeon star.

i put batteries in and let it run for over two months constantly untill i got tired of the test and turned it off.

Size15's

Flashaholic

Welcome to CPF!

I'm moving your thread to the LED Section.

Enjoy your time here.

Respectfully,

Al

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mostly the Arc AAA and the Arc LS are the loved LED flashlights here.

Monsters_Inc

Banned

LOL Rothrandir
smile.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

My favorite is the Mini-LGI,
Runs on 3 AAA batteries direct drive and I felt the same thing Rothrandir did, I got bored after 40 hours so I shut it off.
smile.gif

The only light I see that most people love is the Arc AAA light, tiny thing mounts on the keychain and gives 6 hours of light on one AAA battery.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would depend on how runtimes are defined. A good baseline would be the CC Trek Light (2 LED, 3AA): advertised and actual runtime (my experience) with Alkalines is 150 hours (50 hrs bright and 100 useful level).

The Versalux PR-2 give about 30 hours on 2 alkaline AAs. Significantly more on 2C or 2D.

My personal favorite non-mod longrun flashlight, is the Lightwave 4000 for standard Nichia LEDs. My favorite for Luxeon Star LED, is my CMG Reactor on 2 Lithium AAs (about 25 hours). My Arc SLS is brighter, but only 7 hours bright light on 2 lithium AAs.

My favorite modded (read dropin replacement bulb) lights are an Eveready Comfort Grip 2C and 2D Mag with Versalux PR-2. I am going to try the new HD bulb from LEDcorp for my 2D Mag.

These favorites are subject to change without notice.
grin.gif

Kiu

Enlightened

my favourite LED is LSH-P & E1e/wKL1, i need bright rather long run time

favourite long run time LED
small size: ARC AAA
medium size: Impact 2
bulk size: Light wave 4000
smile.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

For long run time, I don't think you could beat a Streamlight 3C. Rated at 355 hours with diminishing brightness.

Might want to look at the Elecktrolumens Blaster II also.
http://www.elektrolumens.com/

The Blaster is 3D batteries, so I would bet the run time is pretty long

My favorite LED light, is my Mr. Bulk LGI. Never tested the run time, I usually just change the batteries after about 10-15 hours of use. While still plenty bright, I just change out the batteries, because they are cheap to replace, and I like maximum brightness.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Favorite long running LED? Hmmm.

Kinda depends on what you mean.

Longest running, most compact, least expensive battery...I'd say the regular Infinity (I like the Blue-Green). Plus, it has the option of NiMH (for ultra cheap battery power) or Lithium (for cold weather performance and REALLY long shelf life). Get's about 40 hours of light from a single AA.

Most compact but also most versatile but bright enough to use for almost all flashlight usages...PT Attitude. It is unregulated so it will suck every last electron out of its 4 AAA batteries for really long runtime if that were ever needed. For myself, I run it on 4 NiMH AAAs and just recharge it once every 1-3 weeks whenever I notice it dimming a little.

Best single LED light...if I could only buy one and nothing else...very likely the ARC AAA. No other light embodies such a good combination of small size, long run time, brightness and will still fit on a keychain. But...having said that, mine just sits on a shelf. I use a Photon on my keychain for occasional bursts of light, a Blue-Green Infinity on Lithium for an emergency light in my car, an Ultra on a lanyard for a great light to use around the house or casual walks and finally the PT Attitude which fills 95% of the needs I ever have for a flashlight.

S4MadMan

Enlightened

For medium to large flashlights:

Elektrolumens Blaster II 3Ds.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine would probably be the Eternallight X-Ray. For a larger light, the SL 3C LED. TX

SUREFARC

Enlightened

I love ARC AAA LE/ E1e+KL1/ L1

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

For long runtimes:
Small: CMG Ultra/Arc AAA (10-25 hours)
Medium: EternaLight (any model) (700-1200 hours)
Large: LightWave 4000/CC Trek Extreme 50 (150-250 hours)

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

My CMG Infinity Ultra is my favorite light. Great balance between size, runtime & brightness.

When I need serious light, out comes the Minimag with a Badboy 500.

RonM

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oops. Should have mentioned above that a BB500 is not a long runtime light. 90min.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Photon microlights -

the Red, Orange and Yellow LEDs use only a single CR-2032 button cell and are advertized as having 120 hours battery life.

They are so small that they are a very easy EDC and almost "not there" on one's keyring.

http://www.photonlight.com/more_info/tech_specs.html

I've had a yellow Photon 2 for several years now - that's been waiting for the Photon Mk.1 yellow on my keyring to wear out (NOT!)

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

90 min w/ a BB500? I'm getting over 180 continuous minutes with 2200mah NiMHs...

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interestingly, I bought one of those cheap Eveready 2 LED folding lights awhile back at Walmart for 8 bucks. I put in 4 virtually dead AA's that wouldn't work in anything else. It has been keeping the silver 9P on my nightstand nicely aglow 24 hours a day for well over a month now, going on 2 months I think. It's not very bright with the dead batteries, but it still puts out light. I never turn it off, I'm waiting to see when the batteries totally die.

Larry1582

Enlightened

I've got one of those folding Eveready 2 led lights from Walmart also. It works great and it is a neat little light. We used it as an area/nightlite on a recent family trip. We left it on all night, every night and it did not dim at all.