Ridgid Rechargeable Power tools

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ridgid has been in the plumbing business for many years, often recognized for superior quality.
Electricity is new for them, here in Canada Home Depot uses this brand of electric tools for their leading line. I have no experience with the power tools but I did buy a vaccuum (shop vac) with the ridgid name, excellent equiptment.
I think you would be happy with the tools, they seem well built and carry a name of a company that wouldn't be associated with inferior products. Good luck.

moeman

Enlightened
they are made by Emerson Electric and i have heard good things and bad things about them.
the shop-vac's are great, but honestly i prefer Milwaukee power tools.
btw the article you linked to is a year old...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
This will be my OPINION only...

I have a couple "Wagner" 12v cordless drills (have had them for years actually). They are little better than "put up a picture" usefull. They were quite cheap at Home Depot back then.

I have a Craftsman 14.4V that I had a new battery pack made for that is a lot better. And I carry and use a Craftsman 16.8V in my work.

My guess is that Rigid tools are more like Craftsman than Wagner. A PRO electrician might have Rigid, but more likely Milwalkee or Makita. A home user would likely be well served by Rigid.

Now I expect some actually experience to speak up and tell me how wrong I am!!!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
A PRO would probably have Milwaukee or Porter Cable, then Dewalt, then Makita, then Ridgid.

Ridgid has a reputation for GREAT hand tools and I suspect will make a huge bid to bring their power tool line up to that standard.

As far as Cordless, and this is MY opinion:

First and second are Porter Cable and Dewalt. Which is best depends upon the cordless tool. Makita who used to OWN that market, has fallen way behind in the last 5-10 years.

Milwaukee has recently introduced the V28 line which is powered by LiIon cells which are touted to be both lighter and stronger than the NiMh powered lines from Dewalt and PorterCable. I haven't played with them yet so no reports.

Hope that helps!!

Bill