Thoughts on Princeton Tec Impact II?

S4MadMan

Enlightened
I had one but gave it away. It's a good light and well made but it just was not bright enough for me. My GeoffK Collimator was brighter, so was my Inova X5T. Both are smaller. If you want brighter, smaller light this OEM quality, go with the Inova X5T. If you don't mind a bit of pea grean in your light, get a GeoffK Collimator instead, it's the best bang-for-the-buck.

Kiu

Enlightened
Originally posted by Craig:
I've just seem them in the mall. Are they any good?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it is good i think
i like the style of it, also it is not expensive.
use cheap AAA, already bright, and light weight.
i m going to purchase one although i got i X5T

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't have and have never seen an Impact2.

That said, I find the Attitude 4AAA to be a most useful light. Not killer bright by ANY means, but a nice spread of useable light.

The Impact 4AA I own is not among my most favoured lights. I am not extremely pleased with the pattern of light it throws with that magnifying lense. And the light level drops off pretty bad without that lense in place.

So if the Impact2 4AAA has that sort of lense, I'd probably leave it at the mall.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Just for grins and giggles I tried my Impact again last night. It throws a 'spot' if you will that gets about 2.5 to 3 feet wide at around 15 feet.

Changing the head and lense from my TEC 40 on to it results in a darker center area surrounded by blue light.

Neither config is as bright as I was led to believe.

Still, if you like the Impact2,more power to ya!

My favorite LED light remains 1: TIE ARC AAA and INFINITY ULTRA. 2: Madmax in M!n!m*g. 3: Attitude 4: I GUESS my Brinkmann Rebel...

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised at the Impact II! Just got it (thanks revolvergeek!) and it's a very bright light. One thing is that it is focused real tight, so not good for closeup use but good for its throw. I like this.