IIT 3LED AAA LED light, anyone have one of these?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I just picked up a small LED light that takes one AAA cell and has 3 LEDs in it (5mm white). It has a clicky switch on the bottom part also that works fairly well. I paid about $5 for it and was wondering if anyone else has come across one of these lights. I will try to take pictures if nobody has one.
The light is about 3.75 inches long and about the same size/look of the dorcy AAA with exception of lens and switch mechanism and rubber parts. It even has a place to thread a thin lanyard through on the tailcap/switch part.

The head comes off and everything is one block and there is a booster circuit that looks smd with a small cylindrical coil/inductor attached to it.

Oh... IIT apparently stands for Illinois Industrial Tools.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've got one. Found it about a month ago in a bargain bin at Ace Hardware for $6. Mine's pretty dim, but the beam is smooth. I kind of like the tailswitch. It's been used mainly as an old battery drainer.

Geoff

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: IIT 3LED AAA LED light, anyone have one of the

I measured the input to the boost circuit at about 65ma so I figure it is putting about 30-35ma to the LEDs. It is kind of dim but should run a long time off of the battery. It has an SMD 2 transistor boost circuit in it. The quality of it appears to approach that of a mini mag as far as the case goes.

I may try a larger inductor and see if it boosts the output some, or some 26,000mcd LEDs I have but I hate to lose the smooth beam for the artifacts in the higher output LEDs.