Unavailable (???) LED light on my list...

Vee3

Enlightened
Unavailable (???) LED light on my list...

I have a need (More like a want, actually) for an LED light with the following features:

1. Form of a shorter SF G2 (Nicely made plastic housing)
2. 1 x 123
3. ~30 lumen, fair throw with some spill.
4. 1 hr minimum at full bright with ~2 hr lower output.
5. Clickie tailcap (High/low feature would be nice).
6. Lexan AR lens.
7. Weather resistant.
8. Integral clip (For baseball cap).
9. Under $75.

I think the above would make for a nice rough-and-tumble EDC/outdoor activity light (For me, anyway). Is there anything out there that meets most of my criteria? Anybody else out there in Flashlightland think that the above-described light would be a good thing for Mankind?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Unavailable (???) LED light on my list...

They've asked SF that question before, about making a "G1" Nitrolon, and I think the reply was that the Nitrolon may not have been sturdy enough to meet their requirements.

If you nix the plastic requirement I'm sure you can find a good light that meets your requirement. I do understand why you'd prefer something like Nitrolon because it does not show marks easily, vs metal, where every ding is visible as a character mark.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take two of them when you find a light well made and can stand up to your rough & tumble criteria.

scudinc

Enlightened

A KL1 and a Vital Gear FB1 body will do it. Get in on the group buy for further discounts on the body. The price should end up between $75 and $80.

Vee3

Enlightened

That's correct, Kevin (Why I want plastic).

I love my nicely machined, expensive Surefires, but My G2 could be dragged behind a truck and still look okay and the lens wouldn't be smashed. The aluminum lights (Even though hard anodized) look a little the worse for wear after a while. If dropped, they get dented and scratched. Hard anodizing is great for some applications, but only "somewhat" helpful to an item that may be subjected to dropping onto a pile of rocks.