Brightest 2AAA and 2 AA.

colnago

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Mt first posting here, I'd like to know which is the brightest flashlight using 2AAA and 2AA. I'm currently having the CMG Sonic and find it to be useful. Any comment on the UK 2AAA eLED? Is it much brighter than the Sonic? Btw, I came across this website www.andslite.com, seems like they make the 2AA Luxeon flashlight. How good/reliable is it? Anyone here owns the andslite? Thanks.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Depending on how much you want to spend, there is the SL Luxeon Jr, Costco lights. they are in the 14-30$ range. If you require a waterproof flashlight using 2 AAs, and is hard anodized, you could spend over 3 times as much and get a longbow eco.

I'd honestly wait untill something like the LRI PROTON hits the scene. If it is like it claims, that'd be a great light. It is expected to be around $70, a whopping 60 lumens.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Colnago! Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For the brightest 2AA or 2AAA LED lights, I'd say the brightest would be those modded lights that are either made by modder themselves or dealers here on CPF. I would definitely suggest to take a look and read on them, and make sure to hang onto your wallet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for AA, I too agree with Polar Hops that with the new Lux technology, the upcoming LRI Proton will be great to have.

As for reviews for those after market lights, two good places to go are QuickBeam site and Craig's LED museum.

colnago

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. I hv a limit to spend though, about $35 for the AA. Guess it's the Streamlight Jr Luxeon then. I want something that's small enough to carry it with me. Kinda interested in UK 2AA eLED... any comment?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
UK 2AA eled is reviewed here . Not real bright (less than Dorcy 1AAA) but long running.

I thought the Nuwai .5W 2xAAA ( about $25 incl. shipping) was more than bright enough for most of my uses. Good old Dorcy 1AAA also remains very hard to beat once you find a way to stiffen up the tail cap so it doesn't turn on in your pocket.