Got the bezel off my Q3 - now what?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Trying to get the Luxeon out of my Q3 so I can check the bin code. I got the bezel off by heating it up with a heat gun, but now I can't get the black plastic thingy out and I'm afraid to try to force it out. Any hints?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a set of needle nose plyers and fork it open in the grooves. Keep the pressure and slowly turn. It just takes a little determination to get that little thing off. Hope you enjoy your Q3 =D

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, eactly, threaded. Hope you get a good star. I got a SX1K but have long changed it to a TX1J with a dual switch mod =D

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
Got it... thanks. Mine's an SWOK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you lucky! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Just put a ucl in and leave it otherwise like it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
An R123 ought to do nicely for that.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yeah, I'm considering a UCL and a two-stage switch. I might swap out the LED if I can get a decent bin color with a lower Vf, as runtime (or lack of) seems to be my biggest issue, but a two-stage clickie will also address that.

Funny story -

The other night I was at a restaurant with a couple of friends. It was a dimly lit restaurant, and when one of the guests at our table got his check, he was having difficulty reading it. I was already reaching for my QIII as I heard him say "anybody got a flashlight," then FOOSH! "OW!! MY RETINAS!!" as he leaned way back in his chair and shielded his eyes.

Turns out it was maybe a little overkill for a dimly lit restaurant, but he could then see his check really well. And everyone was impressed by the bright, HID-ish light coming out of that tiny thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif