*sigh* Where to get o-rings for Surefires?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
After searching through 69 pages on Surefires' site, I can't find o-rings anywhere. I looked through LPS Tacticals website as well - no dice. I am looking for both the bezel and tailcap orings for my 6Ps', 9P, G2 and G2Z. I think they all use the same ones...

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I bet if you were to call Surefire, they'd help ya. For the most part, all I hear about is how good their customer service is.

Surefire Toll Free Number: 800-828-8809

Cameron

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a ring with you to Home Depot. Go through their bins in the plumbing section and get the right size, then stock up! Might want to ask someone for help soley so they know that the one you have is yours for comparison and you're not stealing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, a hardware store would have something like that? I guess I would pick up some lube for them as well - 100% silicone grease, right?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am VERY leery of buying anything through ebay. But I'll PM jcciv to ask him if the $1.00 shipping is for EACH ring or if it will still be a buck if I order more than 1...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess you can start here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif John is a CPF member and I will personally vouch for his integrity. He won't let you down..

Malpaso

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sween1911 said:
Take a ring with you to Home Depot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't go to a hardware warehouse, go to a neighborhood hardware store. In a warehouse you'll search forever, and probably not find what you want, and if you ask, you'll get a blank stare. That happened to me with split rings for lanyards. Local stores actually have knowledgeable people who care about their customers.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm not sure what I need or where it is, I'll agree that sometimes the big places can be a pain. I searched for a pin to lock my sliding glass patio doors and nobody in the big mega store had any idea what I was talking about. I just used interior door hinge pins. I'll bet the local hardware store would have known exactly what I needed.

But if I know what I need and where it is, I think the prices and selection at the big places isn't too bad.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember that if you're worrying about finding o-rings at the local hardware vs. Megalomart, we're probably talking about a buck or two each, at the outside. Give the local guy a break.

And pretend that you're a kid in a candystore.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Customer Service sent me some o-rings free-of-charge for my 6P/9P. If you want the proper o-rings, call Surefire. You won't find them on their site. They are very good with their customers. (My experience anyway)