Pelican M6 HA3 Natural 3 Watt LED

meatloaf

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know when the Pelican M6 HA3 Natural 3 Watt LED
from BatteryStation.com will start shipping.

Thanks

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Nope, asked the same question a while ago in the Dealer's Forum with no reply. He said that they were due to be in last Friday, so hopefully they will ship soon.

I am really getting ants in my pants waiting for this one, as it is my first luxeon light and I want to really try it out.

Greg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very soon.

I am VERY excited about this product. I hope it becomes a permanent model, as right now they are only doing 1 run of 400 IIRC.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, this light is so SWEET! It has everything a luxeon light should have. By far, it looks like Pelican's best product yet, we'll see.

-david

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only it had a 2 stage switch, THEN it would be just about perfect. Still, for the price this looks like it will be an excellent light.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know about being comparable to surefire, but I proabably would definitly buy one if it becomes a permanate product.

bajaiman

Enlightened
PM6 with LuxIII module will perform better than SF L4 in terms of throw.
SF L4 will perform better than PM6 with LuxIII module in terms of the overall output of the light.
You won't get the amazing 'Wall of light' effect in PM6 tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DimBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bajaiman said:
PM6 with LuxIII module will perform better than SF L4 in terms of throw.
SF L4 will perform better than PM6 with LuxIII module in terms of the overall output of the light.
You won't get the amazing 'Wall of light' effect in PM6 tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am puzzled how people can comment on how much throw or output this light has or to state it is going to be Surefire quality. Has anyone seen this light in action yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Greg

Newly Enlightened
I agree with DimBeam in the statement about its comparison to surefire quality being premature as no one has seen the light yet, however, it is interesting to see how people so adamantly state that Surefire products are superior to this light without actually having seen it.

I guess none of us will be able to make any statement without actually seeing the light and making comparisons.

On a different note, WHEN AM I GOING TO GET THIS THING??? I AM ABSOLUTELY GOING CRAZY WAITING FOR IT!!!

bajaiman

Enlightened
My assumption is based on that PM6 HA/Lux3 is using the same reflector as the current PM6 LED. I've got a few custom lights that uses PM6's reflector. These custom lights have Lux3 with 750mA or 1000mA current going into the LED, none of these lights can be compared with L4 in terms of the light ouput, although they outperform L4 when it comes to throw....

Anyway...I'm not very good in explaining things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, both lights got pluses and minuses, get em both and you'll know what I'm talking about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Cheers.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Having evaluated a standard M6 LED recently, I can say that I'd be in line for the HA LuxIII model if I had the funds.

The M6 LED is a solid flashlight that performs well. The throw that the M6 LED gets out of that relatively small reflector is staggering. My only complaint about the M6 is the switch - there's just not enough tactile feedback when it latches.

At $99, I think the HA M6 LED will be a bargain. I can see the resale value floating up past $99 as soon as they're all sold out.

DimBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
Having evaluated a standard M6 LED recently, I can say that I'd be in line for the HA LuxIII model if I had the funds.

The M6 LED is a solid flashlight that performs well. The throw that the M6 LED gets out of that relatively small reflector is staggering. My only complaint about the M6 is the switch - there's just not enough tactile feedback when it latches.

At $99, I think the HA M6 LED will be a bargain. I can see the resale value floating up past $99 as soon as they're all sold out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my understanding that Pelican was going to make this a regular addition to their line? Or did I read it wrong?

TheNick

Newly Enlightened
well

it's a test production so it's not sure that's it's gonna be a regular product.

But we all wish that it will be

some competition to surefire would be awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif