Try this $20 keychain light,, guaranteed to please

rube

Newly Enlightened
Go to Amazon.com and search on the following " Coast LL7570 V1 White Moon Lenser Key Chain Light ". This is a nice light in its own right. Buy at least 2 for free shipping. Then go to the Sandwich Shop http://secure3.dnsaction.com/~anlighte/shop/products_new.php?osCsid=d42875949ca87c7bbf5703c98cc545dc
and order some Uncut High Power White 5mm/25degree LEDs for $3.25 ea. and replace the stock LED. All you do is unscrew the front lens and pull the old led out, trim the new led leads and plug er in, no mod skills required and you will have an unique bright awsome light.

This light has a lens that puts out a perfectly round beam with a ring. I find it really pleasing. For $20 delivered you'll like it. I own several expensive small lights and I really like the value factor of this one.

beam shot light

marmalizer

Newly Enlightened
Found a similar in the UK for 99p if any brits are interested. In Wilkinsons

DSC00078.JPG

DSC00082.JPG

I have done a similar mod but used some 5mm 26,000mcd leds that I got off e-bay. And now it is truly bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Try this $20 keychain light,, guaranteed to pl

I have seen these for around $40.00 in an Austalian army disposal shop.

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
"includes spare set of lithium batteries" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

btw the switch is only momentary?

Kiessling

Flashaholic

On the LedLenser (Coast) the switch is momentary and constant, on the copy posted above I dunno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The stock V1 Moon Lenser vs. the Arc AAA LE:
ll_aaa_-_moon.jpg

LedLenser V1 Series:
ll_v1_series.jpg

There exists a "Zoom Lenser" Version where you can alter between the Moon Beam (above) and a tighter spot by moving the head in and out. The light looks the same.

A special Zoom Lenser is the "Logo Lenser" where a pic appears in the moon beam that is hidden in the spot beam. Like this:

LogoLenserBat.jpg

Logovs.jpg

BUT ... those lights are far from perfect:
- button cells
- not water tight
- no regulation
- you might loose the rubber switch cover, however, there's a spare in the tailcap
- due to the solid brass cpnstruction they are relatively heavy.

bernhard

recon225

Newly Enlightened

I will be very impress if it can project onto a cloud and Batman comes running.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... your ceiling will have to do for now ... but IMHO kids will love this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernie

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

recon225, I'd be careful about the cloud trick. I tried it last night and ended up with a crowd of homeless alcoholics pestering me for Rum.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just did this mod with my Coast and while not much brighter than before it is definately whiter, no more purple or blue.

The real surprise was on my SL Keymate, it went from a purple spot with minimal spill to a large white spot with much more spill!

Now to see if I can mod my SL Stylus. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2dim

Enlightened

Switch button on Coast can be protected with a strip of duct tape and by twisting the clip to cover it...I've a couple of these little lights in Toronto, if anyone is willing mod them with newest 26000mcd LEDs. Please PM.

Ozric

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:

The real surprise was on my SL Keymate, it went from a purple spot with minimal spill to a large white spot with much more spill!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. First post here...and I can already feel the signs of impending addiction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have two SL Keymates on their way to me, and was wondering about how much you had to trim the legs on the LED to get them to fit? Was it just a simple drop-in job?

Thanks!

jacques

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
marmalizer said:
Found a similar in the UK for 99p if any brits are interested. In Wilkinsons

DSC00078.JPG

DSC00082.JPG

I have done a similar mod but used some 5mm 26,000mcd leds that I got off e-bay. And now it is truly bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got one today from Wilkinsons, good value for money, 99p include spare battery, now I need some 5mm 26,000mcd leds, i try to get some from ebay but they only avaiable in large quanity.

marmalizer, do you have any which can sell it for me ?