SureFire E2o - comments and opinions!

Minimoog

Enlightened
Just received an E2o from DaGunn after a request on the BST forum.

I tried it out last night and am very impressed with it. I would even go as far as to say that it is better than my usual EDC - the E2e - for the following reasons.

The beam is clean and very white and not significantly lower in visible output.
The pocket clip is more secure than the usual one on the E2e.
The runtime is more than double that of the E2e.
The hotspot carries as well as that of the E2e in real world conditions.
It may be just me, but I even think the name is better - 'Outdoorsman' reads well on a torch.

It may be listed at 25 Lumens, however I reckon this is very conservative - more like 30 I would say.

Any other E2o fans out there - I would be interested to here any other info about it!

All the best,

Ian, UK

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
YES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But it's all about the MN02 lamp. Don't care which body or pocket clip it has, or if it even has a pocket clip (E2 and Aleph 2x123, with E2E-HA bezel). Twenty five lumens of full spectrum light for 2.5 hours, on two 123A batteries. What's not to like about it? Have the SC3 spares carrier handy, with a spare MN02 and batteries, and feel comfortable, about having enough light for any emergency.

oldgrandpajack

PS: I also have replaced the MN03, with the MN02, in any Lexan lens E2 and E2E I own.

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Ian,

I bought my E2o (with MN03 as well) from "Leukos" here on the forums (a great guy) and I just love it! While I was waiting for it I thought that I would be using the MN03 lamp the most, but I was very surprised when I compared to two lamps. Now I keep the 60 lumen lamp as a spare in my SC3, and use the 25 lumen lamp for everything. I like the longer pocket clip (I also have the smaller clip that comes with the E2e, but do not use it). I did remove the long clip and bent it a little, now it is nice and tight.

And I agree with you on the name, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Minimoog

Enlightened
Glad to see that the E2o has a following. I am just suprised after seeing how good it was that it does not crop up on the forums more often! I would say that the E2o would make up as an excellent EDC. I am going to push it a little bit here and go so far as to say that it is not far off the A2's beam (without the LED's naturally) and I will be carrying mine as an EDC from now on.

2 1/2 hours runtime of wonderful incan light in a tough, compact package /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif- I just can't get over that!

Ian,

UK

stockae92

Enlightened
the advertised out of e2e is more than double of the e2o

so the output should be a lot more on the e2e, right?

i haven't tried either one (but have P60 if that matters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

but sounds like 25 lumen is what you need most of the times, its more than enough to get by?

true?

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Our eyes are not calibrated the same way the integrating sphere is, meaning that even though the integrating sphere measures the MN03 lamp as having more than twice the output of the MN02 lamp it does not mean that our eyes will perceive it to be more than twice as bright.

As far as 25 lumens being sufficient, it all depends on your own needs, I guess.

Merowin

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to extend the battery life of the SF 6P (with a new lamp, like the MN02 lamp)?

Chao

Enlightened
Here is the comparision of E2E and E20, for 25 lum in E20, it's really bright compared with E2E.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's another comparison shot from LPS. Given the hot-wire nature of most CPF'ers, I think practical lights like the E2O get under emphasized. With the Z57 clickie, this light makes a great EDC.

Thanks, J Roc, for the props! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see a run-time plot of the MN02.

I am totally drooling over the E2O.

Bob

Minimoog

Enlightened
Why not get the E2l?

Well SF has given us the option of incan or LED, and for many incan still has the edge over LED (depending on application).

Sure - I love my SF LED lights, but if I go to pick up a torch in a hurry, I still find that I pick up a good incan.

Give you an example. I was out walking last week with my Aleph III driven at 917 mA. A superb light as many can attest to, however when I saw a fox skulking along and I shone the beam at him, he almost disapeared. I thought he had run away, however then I saw his eyes shine back - he was still there, just that the narrow band of colour from the LED did not show him up well. A good incan would have shown him up good and clear. However for looking for things and navigating along pathways and for reliability LED is perfect!

There is still a place for incan in today's high-tech world, so I am glad that SF makes them both so that we can choose the tool that suits us best.

Cornkid - give the E2o a try - I like mine very much, and I recon you would too - if you needed to spot animals and walk in fog and drizzle (common in the UK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

All the best,

Ian