Nuwai QIII or Nuwai TM-301X-3 Durability Question

cslinger

Enlightened
I have a Nuwai TM-301X-3 that I have found to be a darn good light for the money. I bought it more as a curiosity then anything else and find that it might just be about perfect for a car light. The low beam is very nice and runtime should be where I want it for emergency use 10-20 hours and the high beam really puts some light out.

Now my question is how durable have you folks found these Nuwai lights. I have done some smacking to this one and it seems to hold up but I am not going to torture test it, since I don't want to throw $40 bucks away.

Many of you carry Nuwai QIII's so how have they held up? Finish is not an issue to me I am talking about having the light function when you need it to come on, assuming good batteries of course.

I do not abuse any of my lights or other objects for that matter but it is nice to know that they can take a level of abuse as accidents happen. I know my Inovas and Surefires are tough lights and none have ever let me down but they are Made in the USA and I am paying for that quality.

How about these Nuwai's are they reasonably tough. I am not a modder, so I am talking about in completely stock form.

Thanks
Chris

DuesenLED

Newly Enlightened
Hm, just got my TM-301X-3 some days ago. Seems to be quite tough for the money. If You use it like myself as a "car-light" the toughness won't be sooo important. I think it is robust enough to survive a car crash better than the driver ;-)

DimBeam

Enlightened
I have carrying one in my front pocket for about a month now. It sits in there banging into my keys and leatherman and so far it is holding up well. I have dropped it twice and no problems. I also find it's battery life is at least as good as it claims. I guess my only concern is if I need service on it how reliable or trustworthy is Nuwai. And will they have spare parts in 2 or 3 years? I guess that is why I still value Surefire as my main source of lights. I don't think they are going anywhere.

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
DimBeam said:
I have carrying one in my front pocket for about a month now. It sits in there banging into my keys and leatherman and so far it is holding up well. I have dropped it twice and no problems. I also find it's battery life is at least as good as it claims. I guess my only concern is if I need service on it how reliable or trustworthy is Nuwai. And will they have spare parts in 2 or 3 years? I guess that is why I still value Surefire as my main source of lights. I don't think they are going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, I could buy a whole pile of the Nuwai for the price of a Surefire. If something happens, just grab another. Or I could have one for the tool box, one for the truck, one for the wife, one to EDC, and one as a spare, since these are only 30 dollars, you'd still be out only 150.00.

DimBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:
[ QUOTE ]
DimBeam said:

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, I could buy a whole pile of the Nuwai for the price of a Surefire. If something happens, just grab another. Or I could have one for the tool box, one for the truck, one for the wife, one to EDC, and one as a spare, since these are only 30 dollars, you'd still be out only 150.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I think if the price keeps going down pretty soon you will be able to get 2 packs for about the same price as disposable lighters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nuwai QIII or Nuwai TM-301X-3 Durability Ques

I've dropped mine (QIII) a few times. 3-5 feet on concrete, pavement, and even tile. (Usually while out of a holster/case.) It's not hardly even scuffed although I'd attribute that to the low mass. The lens is pathetic though, and I think it scratches itself up when you're not looking.

IMO it's very durable but I wouldn't use it solo professionally.

stockae92

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:
[ QUOTE ]
DimBeam said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true that

thats exactly the reason why i got my Q3 (instead of the E1E or E1L or KL4 on E1E).

cause it cost about the same as a SF Z57 clickie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif