Anyone seen these??????

Phil_B

Enlightened
That sounds imteresting,especially if you want to EDC something of (apparently) good quality, and can't always get cheap 123As.
The 25mm dia,I assume, does not refer to the led itself?? It's the housing,or the torch body I guess. Looks well made as per QIII,might be a winner.
Thanks for finding it coach.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
The Jupiter LED might raise some eyebrows here.
Nichia 1.5W Watt Jupiter Super LED Flashlight- 3xAAA
[ QUOTE ]
This large 25mm diameter Jupiter LED is even better. This flashlight is about as bright as 42 ultrabright LEDs (42 Lumens) or about two large 3D cells Maglite. The beam is very focused in a almost perfect circle. Jupiter is about 50% brighter than the 1W Luxeon flashlight. It is a competitive technology to Luxeon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The build quality looks to be pretty good and that 3 AA adapter looks nice too. It looks like you would make a hellava nice direct drive mod host.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

High quality solid state DC-DC regulated circuit (other are DC-AC-DC non-regulated) maintain maximum light output throughout entire battery life. That is it will stay at 100% brightness for all 3 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crow

Newly Enlightened
50% brightter than a 1W luxeon? The SL propoly luxI can do 40 lumens (mfg claimed) at one watt, while this one outputs 42 (claimed) lumens at 1.5 watts. Doesn't seem that competitive to me.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I'd get one of these if it is close in brightness/size to the nuwai QIII. Hope threads on this one wont be a problem.

ericjwi

Newly Enlightened

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nichia 1.5W Watt Jupiter Super LED Flashlight- 2x123a

I dont see it on ebay now...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I went to buy one for evaluation on my website, but I see there are no more of these 1.5W Watt Jupiter LED flashlights available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Crow said:
50% brightter than a 1W luxeon? The SL propoly luxI can do 40 lumens (mfg claimed) at one watt, while this one outputs 42 (claimed) lumens at 1.5 watts. Doesn't seem that competitive to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially now that lumileds just bumped the typical Lux I to 45 lumens at 350mA...

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Just sent him an email asking about if he was going to re-list.Will let you know what he says.(I guess "he" could be a she)

ericjwi

Newly Enlightened
Check out the pictures on the auction I purchased from. I really hope a she would not have a hand like that!

jaids

Enlightened
A dealer was selling some samples a while back. iirc, they required 12 volts and low amperage.