What options to replace Arc LS Twistie?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The JIL 1.3W CR2 is a really nice little light. Very well made and a relatively inexpensive.

Peter

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I tried to follow the thread in B/S/T and got lost with the options, availability etc. Since CR2's are available for the same as 123's this light would be an option. Is anyone else selling them in a more organized fashion?
Can you do (email or post) a pic next to an LS twistie? Anyone do a two stage mod for it?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

It's my understanding that these are somewhat of a limited run, and that ETendue is the sole seller. I agree that that thread is a mess, it could really use the relevant info presented in the first post instead of buried throughout multiple pages.

There are two models- a direct drive model "Rev" and the "JIL 1.3". The Rev. is currently unavailable, the 1.3 is available. The 1.3 is being upgraded in the near future with a UCL lens and something else that I forgot (I think). The price will likely be going up with the improvements too though. I am very pleased with the current 1.3, and it is a great value. I bought two of them for $141 shipped, and they arrived very quickly from Warren ( 4 days ).

Ordering instructions

Peter

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome Herb. The pictures don't really convey how much smaller the JIL is when you're holding them both in your hand. The CR2 light is much smaller than the LS, and therfore much easier to carry. One of mine rides on my keychain actually, and I don't find it to be obtrusive at all. I haven't heard from anyone who isn't thrilled with these lights. A two-stage switch would make this light perfect, hopefully someone will come up with one.

Peter

wmirag

Enlightened
My Jil 1.3 is brighter than my LSL-P, much whiter, and smaller. Technology marches on, but I like my LSL so much that I just sent it out to be modded to catch up. My LSL already has the two stage clickie mod.

My Jil Direct Drive is equally advanced, and I will probably upgrade my AAA-P also.

I see that Mr. Gransee is back in the light business. I'm looking forward to what he will come up with.

Latest posts