CPF special MaxaBeam!-Now with BEAMSHOTS!

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF special MaxaBeam!-Now with BEAMSHOTS!

I recieved my new Maxabeam MBS-400 today an examined it's contents carefully. Also tested the beam and functions. I can NOT for anything tell the difference between it and the MBS-410. Here are some shots:

TwinMax1.jpg

TwinMax2.jpg

TwinMax5.jpg

Nice case they thru in:
TwinMax6.jpg

It was definitely worth 1/2 price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All the programming is the same and the battery looks new. The out side case of light itself looks the same too. So this was no cheapo used up old model but a pretty deluxe deal IMHO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't wait to compare this with SuperNova. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PeakBeam upgraded my Rapid charger to the new elctronics to be compatible with the NiMh cells at no charge too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Lexus

Enlightened
Re: Got my CPF special MaxaBeam!

Congrats on your purchase! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Waiting for beamshots... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ditto what Lexus said, and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Dolby

Newly Enlightened

Do you really have TWO MaxaBeams!!!!!?? I compare that to the wild west where the gunslingers carried a six-shooter on each hip! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Dolby, cars have two headlights. I have two eyes. Anyway, the setup will go well with this years halloween costume. The two of us (My sister is a readhead and looks a lot like Gillian Anderson) will go as Mulder & Scully....
And if one runs out of juice- It was such a good deal I could not pass it up (Really)

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
Hey Dolby, cars have two headlights. I have two eyes. Anyway, the setup will go well with this years halloween costume. The two of us (My sister is a readhead and looks a lot like Gillian Anderson) will go as Mulder & Scully....
And if one runs out of juice- It was such a good deal I could not pass it up (Really)

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention you need 2 maxabeams because you have two hands. and 2 lights mean 2 times as much THROW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In all honestly he proabably really 'needs' 3, because what if one ran out of batteries and he didnt have the charger?

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would that be 1 beam shot with both lights?. Temporarily I have 2 identical light meters. I see a plan coming together... Both meters on together from 100 ft or so. Dang Maxabeam overloads the Lux meter at 1 meter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam shots & meter readings

Here we go- New Old model(400) vs Used New model(410)

YLUQC-DSCN3597.JPG

Looks like the new bulb is better-I tried both light meters and switched batteries
FTTKD-DSCN3594.JPG

Shots and readings taken from 20 Meters from light to meter.
Here is the math, correct me if I am wrong:
20 meters squared (400) times 8000 lux = 3,200,000 Lux at 1 meter! PeakBeam claims 6 million candle power.
YENUR-DSCN3604.JPG

This photo I thru in the X990 for a little competition:
CCUXK-DSCN3607.JPG

Here is the recieving side:
AMGWU-DSCN3609.JPG

Here Is the entire photo album of tonights fun.

So those naysayers that think PeakBeam was going to hoodwink them, looks like they were wrong. PeakBeam1 lived up to better than their offer sounded. I for one am very happy with these results. I did follow the instructions in the manual and refocus the beam in the older used MaxaBeam which might have brought up the reading from 7160 (Meter was on 10X scale) to better than 8000 x 400. Meters were 2 brand new Reed ST1301. Both got checked out with several differnt sources and verified accurate.

Long live Mighty Max! An Arc IS the Spark the Lights the Dark!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif

HighLight

Enlightened
Re: The beam shots & meter readings

. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif

Luna

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
This photo I thru in the X990 for a little competition:
DSCN3607.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but you realize that showing classified starwars photonic munitions is a federal offense, right?

jtice

Flashaholic

Yea great shots !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif .... you just did it to tease me thgouh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

lotsalumens

Enlightened

So did that shed actually vaporize in the last shot with the three lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cfb

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
HighLight said:
. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That describes what I want to say very accuratly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Great pics NT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

naromtap

Enlightened

Yeah great pics! I'm surprised your garden shed did'nt burst into flames?! The light l;ooks to have a nice build quality, certainley has a very serious look to it - like it!

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ya but with all that light, I have to mow the lawn in front of the shed! One other thing I found those bright beam lights real good for-Skunks don't like them and run away real fast when you shine them- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Now that's something I don't want to ever have to clean off a lens! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Are the O-rings/seals rated for tomato juice? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

java_man

Newly Enlightened

You might want to wear the official CPF welders mask for your next shoot Nik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1649902_lg.jpg

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Nickola,

I have no problem with your math, but your numbers are off...

8110 lux at 20 meters works out to 3,244,000 lux at 1 meter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

I realize that an extra 44,000 lux does not mean much to you... but to some of us it could have greater importance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice lights, and very impressive.

Tom

Latest posts