Insight M3 LED Light?

B@rt

Flashaholic
The main beam of the light is still Xenon, it just has a LED for low lighting needs too...
rolleyes.gif

I believe there are more manufacturers who incorporate a LED in their weapon lights.
Hope this helps,

Size15's

Flashaholic
Like SureFire's M900 and M500?

Instead of sticking a laser pointer on the bottom of the M-3, Insight stuck an LED and created a new version.

90Lu my arse.
More like 65Lu (even with fresh SF123As)

Al

Grog

Enlightened
I played with one at a gunshow and the led puts out pretty good light (this was inside with all the lights on). If I could get a good price i'd get one.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Chris M.:
Oh, not another flashlight (OK, weapon light) called M-whatever
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm guessing that flashlight makers are using "M" because some French dude named Messier got to use that letter for deep sky objects like pulsars, planetary nebulae, supernova remnants, galaxies, and the like. So we have strange and powerful things in the sky like M44, M6, M2, and the like.
icon15.gif

hokiefritz

Newly Enlightened
I always took it as a play on the US military naming conventions e.g. M14, M16, M1911. Makes the flashlights sound more "tactical".

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, not another flashlight (OK, weapon light) called M-whatever
rolleyes.gif

Honestly, what is this obsession people have with calling their lights M-whatever? Are there not enough other letters in the alphabet to go round? I can think of at least four others.

Come on, I want to see more Y2s, U4s and Q6s. Less of the M2, 3, 4, guys! Dash or no dash, it confuses the pants off me.....

grin.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif