Element 3AAA 1 W luxeon from Sam's Club?

go_two_the_light

Newly Enlightened
Element 3AAA 1 W luxeon from Sam\'s Club?

I was in Sam's Club today, and saw a Luxeon I 3AAA LED flashlight. They were 2 for $26. It said Element Performance Lighting/ It also said made in Taiwan and that Element was a registered trademark of Allied International. Does anyone know what this light is? any good? Regulated? I'll try to get a scan up tomorrow.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Element 3AAA 1 W luxeon from Sam\'s Club?

I went all up and down Sam's looking for flashlights the other day with no luck... What section are they in...

go_two_the_light

Newly Enlightened

I got mine at the Sam's Club in Gilbert AZ. They were in the center section of the store, by some camping stuff. They were right next to a bunch of Mag-lites

vjcl

Newly Enlightened

Not available from my local SAM's Club

Calvin

Newly Enlightened

I was in my Sam's club and did see these lights. Seems like a really good price. I did not get one. I'm more partial to the 2 AA like the costco ones. If anyone has bought the ones from Sam's club I would like to read what they think. <font color="blue"> </font>

LightAddict

Newly Enlightened

I have the dorcy light ,its pretty good.Picked it up at sears,paid $25 for it.Also has flashing effect not really fast enough to call it strobe.Stamped on tailcap...."Taiwan"

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I saw them at the local sam's club here. Too bad you have to buy a pair of them, a single one would have tempted me for sure. They look like decent lights but who can tell underneath all that plastic. The 2AA lights should run longer than 3AAA I would think but the size/length of 3AAA suits me somewhat better in ways that 2AA.

Redhook6

Newly Enlightened

I picked up a set this weekend in Colorado Springs. It does appear very similar to the Dorcy light (which I also own), but I prefer the Element for two reasons: it has a lanyard (my Dorcy did not), and it doesn't have that annoying "slow blink" setting that the Dorcy has - the Element switch is a simple on/off switch.

Both of my Element lights are very white (I guess I "won" the luxeon lottery this time around), and both have several ring artifacts surrounding the central hotspot.

All in all, I think they represent a very good value.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I picked up a set of these today,

Virtually like the Dorcy Super 1 Watt except,

1.) Anti-roll bezel
2.) Simple on off switch (no strobe)
3.) Recessed tail cap with post for a lanyard (included)
4.) <font color="blue">Better </font> reflector, nice beam center and useful spill (the Dorcy has the annoying circle spot with rings and so-so spill)

Of course the Luxeon Lottery is alive and well...of my 2, one has what I would call a "WO" warm white tint, and the other is "YO" blue tint.

At $14.50 a piece after tax not bad at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

danielo_d

Enlightened

Anyone able to post pictures of the two side by side?
[I don't have a Sam's Club membership, but some of my co-workers do.]
I have a Dorcy 1W by 3AAA. I'd like to have some type of reference for comparison. Beamshots would be nice, too.
TIA!!!

Danno

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. My Sam's Club doesn't have them. Has anyone done a runtime test on these lights?

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

i got some a while back... very nice for the money, easy mod too! put a H2G R/O in one.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

I checked out a pair of these today (Monday) that were out of the package and on display at the Terre Haute, IN SAM's and when compared side by side shined on white card board, one had a purplish beam and one was slightly greenish (similar to my Dorcy / Eddie Bauer 1w 3AAA light). Lower price for two of these than the one I have and I like these better because of the anti roll bezel and different switch, but the 3AAA setup just seems to have too short of runtime compared to the 2AA setup, which I prefer.

I didn't buy any because the color and overall output didn't seem any better than the Dorcy / Eddie Bauer that I already have. It is a bargain for those who like the 3AAA format. They feel good in my hand.