Just got a [regulated?] 2AA 1W 30-lumen Luxeon $12

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought my first Luxeon, a 2AA unit from eBay, for $12:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5185117190

No one took advantage of the $19.95 Buy It Now.
I like that it can safely use lithium cells.
A second seller appears to have one of the same flashlights for sale:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=5184656171&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

I wrote to the second seller, who confirmed that her flashlight looks identical to the one I just bought.

For those of you reading this in the archives, here is the eBay text for the "*NEW* 1 W Watt Luxeon LED Flashlight Torch Ultra Bright" that I just bought:

FACTORY DIRECT

"Brightest* in Class"

1 Watt LED Flashlight

USA Luxeon Star LED

* Special "boost circuit" technology runs LED brighter and longer. Greater than 400,000mcd LED brightness.

(Clear Hard Anodize Tactical Aluminum Body) We have the BEST value, Period! We know LEDs, and this flashlight is the brightest and smallest in its class, we dare you to compare! Easily outshines as many as five combined 2 x AA battery type flashlights. See up to 100 ft away. Special Italian made Fraen polycarbonate lens produces perfect focused beam. LED is virtually undesctructible, unlike incandescent or fluorescent bulbs which can easily break or fail. Ultra-low power allows light to run for hours or days without draining batteries. Lifetime bulb last over 99 years. Every LED is computer sorted for brightness and color. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations from importers seen on eBay. Simply the best value in its class of any AA battery flashlight. Designed in the USA, assembled from parts around the world.

Extremely SMALL and VERSATILE! This light hides in your hand, yet produces more light than those larger bulky D-cell flashlights. Generous sized hand strap designd for large "American Hands." Special "boost" electronics allows this light to operate with only TWO AA size batteries whereas others require as many as six batteries to run a Luxeon LED! Standard AA batteries =lowest cost of ownership. This includes all types: Alkaline, Carbon-Zinc, rechargable NiMH, NiCAD, and Li-Ion. Other LED type flashlights require expensive 3V Lithium camera batteries. Boost technology also keeps your flashlight running longer before you have to change batteries. Think about it....!

RELIABLE and DEPENDABLE in all applications. Anywhere, anytime --- home, farm, car, truck, RV, ATV, off-road, boat, plane, camping, hunting, fishing, emergency, law enforcement (Whelen, Sho Me), safety and much much more! The LED flashlight has no filament or ballast to burn out or turn yellow over time or die from a drop. 100% waterproof down to 50 feet. Special grip hard anodize surface allows easy grip and prevents scratches. Won't show wear and tear like other black anodized flashlights. Self-cleaning tail switch allows single hand operation. Perfect for emergency work on the go, anytime, anywhere. Runs cool, perfect for camping tents. Just unscrew the head, and get a great "area" task light.

SPECIFICATIONS FEATURES
6-1/2" long, 5.0 oz weight Comfort Grip Body, Anti-roll head design
Tactical Hard Anodize Finish Visible over 5 miles away
30 lumens , 20º angle, 99 Yrs Uses two standard Alkaline AA batteries
Water Resistant, 50 ft Won't fail when dropped, hand strap incl.
Impact Resistant, 15g One-hand, push ON-OFF tail switch
2.4 ~ 3.5vdc @ 0.33 amps (~ 1W) 100% sealed tight, triple O-ring design

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Just got a [regulated?] 2AA 1W 30-lumen Luxeon

chevrofreak, what's the name of your thread? The only thread there that looked similar was for an MJLED in a Quest 2AA body for $15.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if this is from an opened costco flashlight set. Clear ha?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, it's the good old Costco!
How would this light compare with the MJLED in a Quest body in size, total output, and so on?
Looks as though it will be too long to keep in my smail (5.5 square, approx.) Eagle Creek belt pouch as an EDC light. The only two AAs that I'm sure will fit it are the UK 2AA (a side by side) and Pelican MityLite Plus.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

BTW, that first auction has quite a few lies in it.

The light is most certainly does not have "Tactical Hard Anodize Finish"

I highly doubt its factory direct. Factory direct to a Costco warehouse maybe, but not to the seller.

"Ultra-low power allows light to run for hours or days without draining batteries." mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay then