QuiqLite - pocket-clip LED

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Streak:
Not yet, but I have been in contact with the inventor of the product and have some on the way.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">--
Very cool...

Of course you're going to distribute those samples to the worthy flashaholics on the cpf.... right?
smile.gif

my address follows......
grin.gif
grin.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one.
They're neat but nothing mind blowing.
The switch is sometimes a little undependable and I worry about the teeny-tiny wires they use in the pivot linkage but all-in-all its cool.

My brother-in-law bought it for me in San Luis Obispo.
He thinks the inventor is a local LEO in that area.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by GJW:
The switch is sometimes a little undependable and I worry about the teeny-tiny wires they use in the pivot linkage but all-in-all its cool.
Thanks.

Pity about the undependable switch -
hope they fix it - and soon....

they use thin wires?
and not flexible pcb-type connectors?

tonyb

Enlightened
Thats a good idea, but someone should design a clip-board with an L.E.D. in it. It could last alot longer and be alot brighter than the QuiqLite.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be fair the light is designed so that the switch is inside the pocket and you push it through the shirt material.
A lot of what I call undependable could just depend on pocket placement and shirt material.

The wires look about 20-22 gauge stranded and have a clear insulation. Vinyl maybe?

Streak

Enlightened
Brian, the inventor and LEO has intentionally kept the light output fairly broad ie. 30 to 40 degrees and thus lower in light output.
The intention is to be able to read or write using the light without having too much light reflected back.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Streak:
The intention is to be able to read or write using the light without having too much light reflected back.

Yes... that's a very good point.

I have a CMG Ultra - and although it's a great light - my EDC - using it on white paper is a bit too bright and requires holding it at an uncomfortable/unnatural distance to get the reflected level right.

I now revert back to my old trusty Photon Mk.1 yellow which has worked well - for years.....

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Vincent,

I purchased 3 of these lights and loaned 2 of them to Law Enforcement friends.

I have not heard back from one of them (still under evaluation).

The other one had a great review. The low level of light did not glare and destroy night vision, and the beam angle was just right for lighting up a clip board sized sheet of paper. The only problem was the 5 minute run time. It seems he takes longer than 5 minutes to write a ticket.

The third light was sent back to be replaced because of an anoying prominant ring in the beam. It is difficult to read when there is a prominant ring from the light beam.

The small wires are well protected, but there could be some problems when changing the batteries.

When you take the back off to change the batteries, be careful that you do not loose the switch button and spring. When you re-assemble the unit, be sure to position the circuit board correctly. Not a problem, but pay attention when you put the thing together. The tiny screws in my big hands are a little bit of a problem, but I have not lost any... yet.

The switch seems to work, most of the time. When it doesn't work, a twist of the base seems to make it work. I think the battery contacts may be the problem, instead of the switch.

This light is designed for pocket use, taking notes under low light conditions. For that use it works well. I would like to see 180 degree movement of the arm, a clip that would work on thicker things (thicker than pocket material), an easier way to change the batteries (like a snap apart construction) although 40 hours of battery life will not use up batteries very fast, some attention to splash proofing, and I am not sure about the 5 minute at a time run time.

Tom

Latest posts