photon 11 price check

FlameOn

Enlightened
Okay, I had a gift certificate to the sport chalet for 8 months now and decided to use it. The only thing I wanted was a photon ll. It cost 16 bucks...how badly did I get ripped? I know they can be had cheaper but with shipping charges on the web, did I do that badly?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can get photon 2 for $8, i think. while photon 3 for 13.99. You probably been ripped off.
btw, rather than buying photon 2, why don't you buy the duplicate? you can get 12 for as low as 22 from ebay. I don't know about quality comparison as i don't have photon 2. but both have click on off and push momentary

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I paid $8.95 for a II on eBay plus $3 shipping a couple of weeks ago. I had my choice of colors and have a few whites and turquoise.

III's are available for $11.95 on eBay if your interested.

Marty

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
i wouldn't really say you've been ripped off, i've seen them for considerably more than that, but you could definitely find a lower price. personally i'd rather buy the real thing because i like knowing i'm supporting LRI and i'd want the warrantee and high quality leds. but i'd rather have an arc aaa any day any way, so it's kinda a moot point for me.

- Pete

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I usually order knives and stuff from 1sks.com and they have the Photon II for $13.99. A local shop in my area sells them for $14.99, so you didn't do too bad. Had you ordered online, it would have been a bit more with shipping depending on who you order from.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Thanks guys, I feel better...a couple bucks either way won't kill me...if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have givien it much thought...then again, if it weren't for this forum I would not have know to get the photon 2...since I joined I got 20 keylights for 20 bucks from countycomm, then picked up two attitudes, sent my scorpion in for tail switch repair, and picked up the photon today...a lot of activity for a newbie in a short time....

FlameOn

Enlightened
BTW..I have never ordered from ebay...do you have to use paypal? Can you send a MO and trust the seller to ship?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the reputable dealers will accept M.O.'s but it will cause a delay in shipping. I've had over 80 transactions and have never been stiffed (maybe sent different product than described but I'm more cautious now).

Marty

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I buy I read the recent feedback on each Seller. If it's positive (the usual case)no sweat. If negative, I would pass.

As far as payment, everything I do is with PayPal. I have never, ever had a problem in 2 years.

Marty