Question for Cornkid

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Tom,

I was justing posting to see if you might have an update on the L2 that you ordered?

Reason I ask is I know you are anxious to get it, and I am curious as to your feedback on it.

Hope all is well,
John

matt_j

Enlightened
I'm no Cornkid (more of the Porkkid) but if my opinion intrests you here it is...

I got L2 in trade for my Arc 4 few months back. I wanted more powerful light and L2 seemed logical to get it. Yes it is a big light in comparison to my previous EDC but the extra output was so worth it. I don't care for any extra modes but two levels of powers are perfect. Dim output for regular work and strong output for search and find jobs. Finish on the light even if excellent seems little rough. I guess I have to carry light for few months so the edges round off. Head gets little hot with prolonged use. Two level switch is nice but I would love to see a click on switch so I don't have to twist the light in order for it to stay on. Clip on the light works just fine and I prefer to use it with a lanyard. What originally worried me was battery life. I think manufactures says 2 hrs burn per set of batteries on high... I've been using my light for a month almost everyday and I just changed the batteries. Truth is that on the job I use two other lights and this particular Surfire is my EDC (except for work) but still I love dark places during my time off and my light sees a lot of action outside my duty time.

I like my L2 and my only wish it was a bit smaller.

Matt

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Matt,

Thank You very much for your feedback!

Currently I do own an L4 with a 2 stage tailcap. I think it is great. But at times I do consider also purchasing an L2.

For now I think I will hold off, and maybe one of these days when I can compare the two lights side by side I woill decide if it is worth adding an L2, as I do not want to sell my L4.

Thanks,
John