World's largest single led light!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
World\'s largest single led light!

My new car came w/ an led for internal lighting!

I was surprised to see that my 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Touring came with a green led recessed and mounted in the overhead control panel where the trip meter and sunroof controls are located. It is invisible to the eye because it's recessed, unless you pass your hand beneath it and notice the green flood light. It appears to be designed to very gently illuminate the space on the floor of the van between the two front seats and between the radio and center console. The green color appears to be to nicely blend the illumination with the colors of the dash lights. Neat! There are no independent controls of this led; it's tied to the overall light controls.

To think, I bought this car before I even knew about the led. How happy am I? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, I traded my convertible in for the minivan to accomodate my children. I've been a ragtop man for my whole life, and am having to adjust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Well, it's temporary for the next few years. And as much as I hate to admit it, it's a really nice vehicle with a ton of cool features, like stow and go seats, power side doors and rear hatch, etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Re: World\'s largest single led light!

So, when are you going to mod it with one of those new Cree or high-power Luxeon LEDs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Dad's 1997 BMW 5 series has red/orange leds in the map light area that cast light down onto the shifter/etc at night so you can see the inside of the car, without messing up your night vision.

Mark2

Enlightened

The VW Touareg uses hidden red LEDs to gently illuminate the inside of the car, too.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

My friends Cayenne has twin amber LEDs to illuminate the center console. Bright enough to see controls, but not distracting at all.