• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Important!! Ordering desk now open Great NEWS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
Continued from HERE.

Last post:

[ QUOTE ]
yaesumofo said:
Just so that you guys know the 10 or so BLACK "D" cell O-Sinks that are available will probably be the last in matte black.
Personally I don't think that the black anno on these has any effect on the ability of the O-Sink to move heat from the emitter to the aluminum body. Personally I love the look of the Black.
The problem is that in order to keep costs down I will either not do the anodizing (most likely) or I am going to have to add a dollar or two to the price of anodized units.
It dosen't really seem worth it to anodize the parts.
I say again it is likely that the Black units available at Flashlight lens will be the last.
If you guys feel strongly about this either way, speak up now so I can get an idea about what you want.
Yaesumofo

[/ QUOTE ]

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Beadblasted O-Sinks?

I could foresee taking some of the natural ones and beadblasting them. This would accomodate those who aren't fond of the tumbling finish as well as those who don't want any type of coating.

Thoughts?

wquiles

Flashaholic
Re: Beadblasted O-Sinks?

I am a newbe, but since the O-sinks are hidden from view when in operation, it should not mater either process (beadblasting or tumbling). I would prefer whatever makes the units cheaper to buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
O-sink Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Continued from HERE.

Last post:

[ QUOTE ]
yaesumofo said:
Just so that you guys know the 10 or so BLACK "D" cell O-Sinks that are available will probably be the last in matte black.
Personally I don't think that the black anno on these has any effect on the ability of the O-Sink to move heat from the emitter to the aluminum body. Personally I love the look of the Black.
The problem is that in order to keep costs down I will either not do the anodizing (most likely) or I am going to have to add a dollar or two to the price of anodized units.
It dosen't really seem worth it to anodize the parts.
I say again it is likely that the Black units available at Flashlight lens will be the last.
If you guys feel strongly about this either way, speak up now so I can get an idea about what you want.
Yaesumofo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Status
Not open for further replies.