Clip for use with Kydex holster?

Grumpy

Enlightened
I am going to have a Kydex holster made to fit my JIL CR2 flashlight. I would like to attach a metal clip to it so I can clip it to the top of my jeans. I could also clip it to my hat for hands free use.
Does anyone know where I can get a metal clip that can be rivited to a kydex holster or attached to it in some way?
I would like for the clip to be 1 1/2 inches long or shorter if possible. I would like for the clip to be strong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Grumpy

Only a suggestion but why dont you look on knife making sites as they always have loads of different types of clips for attaching knives to belts. It's worth a try?

Doug

dougmccoy

Enlightened

The only problem with Tek-Loks and I've got quite a few is that they need a belt to clip over! Grumpy wants the ability to clip them over the top of jeans or to a hat which will be hard if it doen't have a belt?

Doug

chrisse242

Enlightened
Grumpy, like I said in my pm, it's hard to find any metal clips that will suit your needs.
Knife clips won't work, since they are designed to keep the knife where it is untill it's drawn. That means they won't hold the sheath in it's place. I think that's the same with almost any clip that doesn't go around a belt. I know you are already looking for a clip that can be attached directly to your Jil light, and I guess that would be the way to go when not wearing a belt. Kydex just isn't the best option for everything. ;-)

Chrisse

Grumpy

Enlightened
I think that I will put the clip directly on the flashlight.
I am still thinking of getting you to make me a Kydex holster. I will wait until I get my new JIL CR2 lights as they are supposed to have a different design on the head. Maybe it will be possible for you to make me a holster that will work with the clip on the flashlight so I don't have to take it off. The clip might be used to hold the light in the holster also.
Thanks everyone for all the help.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Grumpy said:
Maybe it will be possible for you to make me a holster that will work with the clip on the flashlight so I don't have to take it off. The clip might be used to hold the light in the holster also.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be no problem, just pm me again when you have everything.

Chrisse

Latest posts