OSRAM LEDs make news with Color Kinetics

*Retired*
Color Kinetics, primarily a LumiLEDs customer, and one of their largest customers in the US, goes OSRAM Golden Dragon on multiple White LED products:

(btw, note the binning comment...)

Osram is supplying white and warm-white Golden Dragon LEDs for Color Kinetics' range of white LED-based products, including the iW Blast (see photo). The fixtures contain white LEDs with different color temperatures, and when combined with proprietary control and dimming technologies this enables control of the fixtures' color temperature.

"We are pleased to incorporate Osram’s Golden Dragon LEDs in our systems. Osram’s selections of warm whites, tightness of binning and consistent distribution of the bins are all important variables to achieving optimal performance,"

http://ledsmagazine.com/articles/news/2/4/15?alert=1

Move over LumiLEDs, OSRAM is in town.

(CK is one of LumiLEDs largest US customers)

SemiMan

Banned
I find it interesting that they would pick OSRAM when they are already using Luxeon and Cree. As far as I can tell, OSRAM does not make a guarentee on lumen maintenance similar to Lumileds (50K hours, 30% down, 90(95?)C die temperature). The best I have seen on an official data sheet is 100K hours at 25C which is a big difference. I have been trying to get official life time figures from CREE but do not have anything yet. I think they have been making 50K hour promises to some customers though so they must be pretty confident.

Has anyone seen any official (i.e. in an actual data sheet format or similar), light output over time data for OSRAM white or CREE white? If you are going to overdrive them for flashlights, I would like to know how they stand up for standard usage, i.e. what life at what die temperature.

Semi-Man