Volkswagen cigarette lighter "torch" LED light

txmatt

Enlightened
Volkswagen cigarette lighter \"torch\" LED light

I did a quick search and didn't see this so thought I would post even though it may not be new to some of you. VW sells a neat little LED light in the Touareg that they call a torch. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and recharges there. I leave mine plugged in all the time.

There is not an obvious way to take it apart so I haven't endangered mine. The light produced is slight bluish/purple. The design is interesting in that it seems to have a projector lens on it such that it produces a perfect circle of light with no spill outside the cutoff. There are some minor beam artifacts but it's a mostly smooth illumination within the circle of light. I have no idea what kind of bulb or battery it has inside.

Here are some pics of the torch installed, size comparison, and beam shot (at about 2 1/2 feet) compared to Infinity Ultra with Lithium AA...

torch1.jpg

torch2.jpg

torch3.jpg

torch4.jpg

I think the VW part number for these is #7L6-947-175 A and it can be bought at most VW dealerships or some online places selling VW stuff such as ECS Tuning .

Matt

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Volkswagen cigarette lighter \"torch\" LED light

that is cute, and a nice way to do it.
thanks for the pics.
now make us a lux 1 version /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I have seen those in performace catalogs, ccrane.com and other places.

I do not own one, but had an old energizer one that uses a screw in bulb. I had it plugged into my wheelchair and one day it was crushed. I wouldnt mind a new one one day, just never got to see one in person. Think I got mines from radioshack on clearance one day.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, that's pretty cool. Go VW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif