• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Original McLux TK [Sold]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Perhaps the light that started the revolution, I have an Original McLux TK 2003-16 as built by the skunkworks team.

Very low serial number as you can see. I hate to part with this rare collectors item, but I need the money at the moment.

Asking $xxx which will include USPS Priority mail shipping and an "Extra".

First to post I'll take it will get it. Please PM or email me for my Paypal address if you're interested, the email in my profile is NOT my paypal address.

I'm asking $xxx via paypal, CONUS only please.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Original McLux TK

This is one great light, rarely seen now on the CPF B/S/T.

The price is more than fair. Someone should jump on this quickly.

I will if no one else does, but I was fortunate and was able to buy *several* of them when they were first sold. This gem should be put into the hands of some other fellow CPF`er to enjoy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

PhotonFantastic gets it [pending payment].

I didn't know these were still so HOT, had several PM's before first "take it" post.

Thanks everyone, sorry to those who missed it.

- Dave

Yes, that's a good, fair price for an absolute classic. Like Carpe, I am fortunate enough to have four original McLux TK's and I'll never let 'em go. PhotonFanatic, a very good buy indeed. FlashlightOCD, nice item.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

arewethereyetdad,

Yeah, nice light, nice price, but I'm only getting half the length compared to the one you sold me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really don't understand why some people erase the price once an item is sold! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
icarus said:
I really don't understand why some people erase the price once an item is sold! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think once the transaction is completed it really isn't anybody's business what the price was [unless the buyer wants to reveal it].

How much did you pay for your house? your car? None of my bussiness is it?

Besides that, the next person to buy/sell the same item may try to use the information to try and haggle the price. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

There's a great thread on this very subject (of whether to leave prices in posts or not). Not surprisingly, there seems to be a fair difference of opinion on the subject. Most seem to feel it's helpful to all to leave the prices intact so that there is a basis for future pricing (like a blue book for selling cars), yet many of these same people understand and respect those sellers wishing to "X" it out. In the end, most CPFers agree that, ultimately, it's the seller's perogative to make the call.

paulr

Flashaholic

What people pay for houses is a matter of public record and can be seen at the assessor's office and real estate agents use this info all the time in order to figure out the market level for comparable houses. The same is true for items sold on ebay, whether by auction or through "buy it now". The final selling price is public and stays visible.

As I understand it, there's a CPF policy to not "X" out prices after the item is sold, but that the moderators don't enforce the policy because enforcement would be too much bother.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

As far as I know, this is all it says in the B/S/T policies in reference to this practice:

<font color="blue">Note: We don't understand the practice of "editing out the sale price" after the sale is over. It's considered respectful if the seller leaves the price so that others may know in the future what an item may bring in, while considering a like item to be sold. Additionally, it may give a buyer an idea what he may be putting out when considering purchasing an item.</font>

Ultimately yes, it's the seller's decision at this point in time.

Not wanting this thread to turn into a discussion either (as indeed arewethereyetdad has pointed out that there is another thread addressing this subject). This item has been sold and will be locked shortly.

FlashlightOCD, thanks for offering the McLux - congrats to PhotonFanatic - and thanks to the members for the thoughts & opinions on editing out prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.