most "bang for the buck"

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
most \"bang for the buck\"

What light do think has the most "bang for the buck?" I think lightpro Spitfire 1. It has regulation and it has some good throw. Why doesnt anyone have it? What light do you think has the most "bang for the buck?"

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cognitivefun

Enlightened
Re: most \"bang for the buck\"

Streamlight Jr. Luxeon -- regulated, convenient, runs brightly on AA batteries, lifetime guarantee.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

dorcy aaa 5 bucks and change .i love em

pyro

Enlightened

one never gets much bang for the buck with LEDs....

dda

Newly Enlightened

Although I have several lights that cost twice as much or more, I would have to say that Advancemarts 28 LED light at $19.95 is probably the light I would consider having the most bang for the buck. It puts out more light than several of my luxeon lights. Of course it is a flood rather than a light with a long throw.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is a Q3 group buy being done by Batterycharger in the group buys forum.
$25 bucks plus shipping gets you one now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Or, try for the Costco 2 pack of 1 watt led 2AA lights for same price.

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened

If that phrase is meant as good and cheap, Brinkmann Maxfire is the best I've had for $20 or less.

If that phrase is meant as "most useful" or "which light can I carry instead of carrying all those other lights" then one is immediately back to expensive items with both low and high output such as the Surefire A2 & U2, Alephs, etc.

Richard.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I don't have one but I would guess the UK4AA eled is a pretty good candidate. Probably what it actually comes to is what usage you need for a light to where your *bangful bucks* should reside.

gret9999

Newly Enlightened

My current cheapo favorite is the "CES10611, Ultra Bright 8 LED Compact Flashlight (Titanium)" $7.99, from surplus computers . It's a very inexpensive, bright light, with 8 leds. It takes 3 AAA's I actually use it more than my inova x5 (5 leds). The x5 was my first led light. It was expensive and the output is weak IMHO. Glad I didn't pay for the x5, I used a gift certificate for sharper image to get it. I should have gotten the sharper image, lava-lamp instead. :p

SubtleIrony

Newly Enlightened

The Costco 1 Watt... especially at the discounted prices... if you're lucky, you may get one that's really bright. The UK4AA doesn't have much bang... but it sure hums for a long long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

beam2.jpg

UK4AA eLED on Left, My brightest Costco 1 Watt Luxeon on the right.

DBrier

Enlightened

I don't think that "bang for the buck" is the same as dollars per lumen. I am looking for a total package light that can serve the most purposes for the least money.
Another vote for the UK 4AA eLED. It won't wow you with output, but it has a ROCK SOLID regulation circut and will do most lighting tasks for 11+ hours. $20 and runs on the most common battery in the world. The safety ratings and durability make it great light.

The $1 keychain lights from CountyComm would be tough to beat too.

colterbay2005

Newly Enlightened

If you look around you can find the Inova XO for $40 or less. The XO is great light and relatively cheap for its class. The expensive downside is that you will need to purchase 123 batteries. Whereas the UK4AA can run on an assortment (Lithium AA, Alkaline) of batteries....and reachargeable AA's. Both great lights for the money.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, for an LED light (Thor was my original thought. Forgot about the LED part), I'd say the QIII.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I second the nomination of the Streamlight Jr Luxeon....a really fantatastic light--slim, sleek, powerful, beautiful beam (think: Peak LED snow...times 3!) and uses AAs. My very first LED flashlight, and been trying to beat its bang- for-the-buck ever since.

I know I'm plugging an incan in the LED forum, but, for small form factor and exceptional throw, try the Streamlight Strion. I have been very happy with mine, and I love that it's rechargeable instead of needing 2 CR123s every hour or so!