TARGET clearance on LED lights?

Weylan

Enlightened
Any one have any idea why Target has been doing so much CLEARANCE on LED lights and regular lights? It seems that all the lights have all been on cleanace and what the do have left is now junk. They seem to have this Durabeam stuff, that looks of questionable quality. They don't seem to have any more Dorcey's at all. So are we just caught in a reorder cycle, or are they just not planning to carry any more lights? Especially the LED lights. I found > 3 TARGET's have 0 LED lights on the shelves.

Don't get me wrong, I got some good deals on some of the lights that went on clearance. But I was hoping to find some of the ok lights for MODing and parts to use, and have found that the pickens are mighty slim!

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
call some place paradice . . . kiss it goodby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i was getting lots of Video games at target for 5&10$ that were the same things people were buying for 39-59$ 2 years earlier. but now the selection has waned.
and i am sure that it is because they are SOLD, the shelf for them is cleaned out.
but frys, and comp usa have RACKS of them still.
so i assume that its keeping the stuff in stock, that they got on a good deal.

i dont assume that its because they think people dont want them, everything i have seen blows the old incadescent stuff away in SOME way, be it run time, longevity or usefulness of the beam.

i didnt show up at target to pay 250$ for a light, and somehow i doubt that the people comming in there do either.
if they dont want cheap goods they could go to the OTHER stores /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I just discovered that Target has brought in a new line of LED nightlights. Some are the white "sculpture" style, and a couple are of the color-changing type (one has a fiber optic spray).

I saw a new (I think) hand-crank-operated LED flashlight and one or tweo others that used the 5mm white LEDs with the focusing optics. Nothing really worth getting excited over though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was told by an employee that some of the clearance items were just because they changed the display cards on them. I noticed several products change manufacturer names on their cards but the product was essentially identical. They essentially eliminated dorcy lights and replaced them with vector look alikes and eddie bauer chinese clone lights IMO overpriced at that.

bole64

Newly Enlightened
I work at Super Target of Minnetonka and i think i know a little about this. Target is not getting rid of its flashlights; it is just getting a different kind. All of our lights were clearance out, but now they moved the isle and got different lights. I still see the M@g lights and other common lights, but they brought in new brands like Durabuilt and panther vision. I am actually looking into the Durabuilt items because they have a really cool HID light that might be cool (3 million candlepower). So, when target clearences items, that usually mean they are going to bring something new in. Look forward to that in your target in the next couple weeks. The super target i work at usually gets things before other targets in the nation, because we are a testing target. SO, there is a little heads up.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
One target here already has most of their flashlight isle redone. I have seen most of the newer lights and am not overly ecstatic about them. Unless they make more room for other lights I don't see space for any more. I think part of the time schedule for changing merchandise is related to trying to get a fair amount of profit out of merchandise and employee manpower to redo the affected areas.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I didn't see one single dorcy light in the new display there.
what is sad is Target was cheaper on dorcy lights than Kmart which still carries some of them.