I bought chemicals... What's your opinion.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought chemicals... What\'s your opinion.

I went to the local science store and purchase:
- a bottle of Potassium(K) in pure form in mineral oil.
- a bottle of Ammonium Nitrate. (crystaline form)
- a testube + stopper
- a scalpel

I am 17 and can purchase the previous without ANY trouble.. Here is the problem.. ONE: THe Pottasium is HIGHYLY reactive and violently reacts with water. TWO: The Ammonium Nitrate is HIGHLY flammable and is commonly used in bombs..

Just want your opinion on the is matter.. By the way.. Im 17.

-tom

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I bought chemicals... What\'s your opinion.

Umm why in the world did you obtain those chemicals and tools usually used in 8th grade science classes?

Greta

Flashaholic

Yeah... I guess I gotta ask too... so what's your point? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I guess his point was how easy it was to get this stuff. However I think it would've been a little more difficult if he tried to purchase large quantities of the stuff.

There are all sorts of readily available substances that could be made into a weapon, but I think that the quantities required to do so would hopefully trigger a red flag with the seller.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

He probably has enough to blow his hands off! Just because you can buy those and other chemicals, there is no reason you should, unless you have a legitimate need. K has to be kept in oil or it will start burning and water will not put it out!!!!!

My sugeston.....take it back to the store and admit that you had a brain fart and failed stupid.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

ANyone can buy fuel, magnaisum or a torch for that matter. Then you have those fighting techniques with your hands and I could go on and on.

I just thought you were making some hugh glow stick or something and were going to tell us you brought some luminal and the other secret ingridents to make glow sticks.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Keeping flammable metals around (like potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, etc.) means it would also be a good idea to keep a Class D fire extinguisher handy.

Greta

Flashaholic

Well... today I bought some Sudafed and some lithium batteries and some Drano. It was especially easy because I'm 43 years old... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW... I have allergies, my flashlights need food... and I have a stopped up drain....

... or I could be cookin' meth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Naw, You need a good 20 packs of sudafed to make dope or go to 5 stores and buy 4 packs each. You can get 12 packs of cr123s from surefire and so on.

Greta

Flashaholic

Cobb... I work in a pharmacy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, I don't find much of a point to this thread, but I'll add my opinion that I should be able to by some Sudafed if I got a nasal issue because it's the only dern stuff that works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Hell, I even tried getting the dude to just selling me 2 tablets, but he still wouldn't.

Stupid Tylenol...........................................................

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

It's exceedingly simplistic to think that regulating the sales of certain ingredients will keep them out of the wrong hands all the time. There are many documented ways to make any type of device. If all else fails, a time honored method for getting contraband is to pay people who are authorized to have it.

Take Sasha for instance. Give her enough money and you could probably persuade her to sell you something to help with that flashlight habit. Even a wine E2E is available for the right price.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel

Greta

Flashaholic

MaxaBaker... try getting your mom to buy it for you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also... while I've got your attention... your avatar is WAY too big! 640 x 480 pixels and 59k. Please resize it to meet the specifications posted HERE and then repost it in your profile. Thank you.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i just wanna know what kinda moron will do drugs with batterys in it.and drain cleaner.it is a crazy world

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Yeah, it's a terrible waste of a perfectly good battery! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Even a wine E2E is available for the right price.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif ... not bloody likely!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... Honestly, my wine E2e is priceless to me... and I do mean that. There isn't a price for that little baby... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
MaxaBaker... try getting your mom to buy it for you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also... while I've got your attention... your avatar is WAY too big! 640 x 480 pixels and 59k. Please resize it to meet the specifications posted HERE and then repost it in your profile. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly, she was working at the time (and all the other Sudafed in my home was used up.....by me (NOT for meth) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (proud to say i haven't ever even SEEN meth. Or ANY other drug for that matter (except in pics and when the cops showed me for a D.A.R.E. program)) D - I won't do drugs, A - won't have an (famous Seineld quote:) yada yada yada

Avatar gone. Thought I needed a new one anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

I guess while I'm on a roll...

Cornkid... your avatar is way too big also... 316 x 222.

The software we are using now forces the images down to 80 X 80.. but on the new software, they appear as the size they are. Trust me... you all who have these huge avatars that you are forcing down to 80 x 80.. you'll be VERY embarassed once the new software is up and running... and other members will be wanting to lynch your butt. Best to get them down to acceptable size now.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

CornKid, you would not be able to buy large quanities of either chemical.(enough to do any real damage)

Raggie, if people saw how meth and cocaine are processed, they "might" think twice before ingesting it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif