Target - no longer carrying Dorcy ?

ps56k

Enlightened
I happen to be wandering in Target today,
and noticed that the flashlight rack no longer
had ANY Dorcy flashlights ... none -

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
There has been several threads about the clearance going on there. Target has seemingly done away with them and other merchandise all around the store replacing them with alternatives. Unless walmart starts carrying more dorcy stuff about the only place local I know of would be Kmart and they are a little more expensive.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Target's prices for the Dorcy LED flashlights was too expensive for the general public - which seems to think that maglights are almost too expensive. Seriously - a maglight seems to be "something special" for most folks out there.

No surprise that they've done away with the LED lights, although I'm somewhat surprised they also did away with everything else.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Target use to sell no name cheap led lights. All used a76 batteries. They were all tube like and some just flashed with multicolored leds, some were just crude clickie led lights, single leds and compact.

I agree my dad was not impressed with the dorcy lights, other than the single aaa one and he too said mag lights are too rich for him.

emrbrtn

Enlightened
I was at the local Target last night looking for some more clearence. I went to the flashlight isle and there were NO flashlights. I asked a worker there(seemed to be a higher "rank" guy) and he said they were ALL sent back and he had no flashlights at all. Also that they were going to be getting alot of new models and such in soon. who knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

UVLaser

Enlightened
I think it is true because the target that I went to did't have them either. I should have brought the 1 watt that first time I saw it....damn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Analog

Newly Enlightened
I was at my local Target, Friday the 15th, next door to the postoffice. They had a good inventory of Coast lights. Several had been on the shelf long enough for someone to vandalize the buttons on the V2's. What a shame. No Dorcys that I remember.

idsign

Newly Enlightened
Umm Sams Club has the same light, non-Dorcey 2 for 26 dollars, a sweet deal if I needed any more low power LED lights.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I just saw the elements 3AAA luxeon lights at sams today
they sure look a lot alike the dorcy for sure at $26.88 for the pair I wonder if anyone has bought any of them.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found one AA 3 LED light at Target on Saturday. It was $2.48, so it is mine now. The AAA light I bought was $4.98 2 weeks ago, but I got what I wanted. I wanted the AA for my B.O.B.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Someone in an obscure area could stock up on clearance lights and profit reselling them on CPF for sure. Targets around here haven't stocked the dorcys well period. One store which is the closest never had a dorcy in it till clearance and I bet it was a returned product. I was hoping to find a 1AA dorcy for $5-7.